Feedback Mi 11 Pro MIUI V14.0.6.0. STABLE

M4R7!N

Members
Nov 27, 2022
Hey,

anyone already tested the new stable release? I am interested in some feedback for the stable release. Any thoughts on battery life, bugs etc?

I am currently on 13.0.13 and TWRP 3.6.2_12-Mi11Pro_5.1_A12. If I want to updated my plan was to:

- download twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.9_A13-mars-skkk.img and xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip on my phone
- boot in TWRP: Advanced -> Install Recovery Ramdisk -> Select twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.9_A13-mars-skkk.img
- reboot into (new) TWRP: install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.6.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip

would that work? It is my first time upgrading an Android version.

I thought others would be interested into that as well, and it is tiresome to find replies in the release thread. Also I just found people reporting that it works, nothing specific about performance.

Reactions: JakSpoon
Yes, it will work. I was on the same MIUI version - 13.0.13. Installed twrp 6.9-skk, then flashed MIUI 14.0.6.

At the end, after flashing, it gives mount errors - Failed to mount '/system_ext' '/product' '/vendor' '/odm' (Invalid argument) and when you try to reboot, it will say that there is no OS installed. Press reboot anyway, and it will boot into 14.0.6

I just installed it and will post any occurring bugs.
Installation process worked as described by mynameismada.

Most important for me is the change of font color in notifications in dark mode. They are now easier to read.

Reactions: Chrizl123
My feedback:
Just installed 14.0.6.0 (Procedure: booting in fastboot, then new twrp: "fast boot twrp.img" which is twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.9_A13-star-skkk in my case).
Than installed the new recovery zip with the 14.0.6.0 without clearing data.
After updating the warning from twrp came: "no os found, do you really want to reboot?" (or similar, don't remember exactly).

I just rebooted despite the warning... and it worked! (had to wait a bit longer... takes time, be patient)

Hi
Stable all good for me except icon edition not working
f89121f1d05fe15afd667175104057dc.jpg

Envoyé de mon M2102K1G en utilisant Tapatalk

Is it just me or app locking no longer works after update?

I saw that MIUI 14 keeps closing Telegram, so I went to Recents and long press the app so I can lock it, but it doesn't work. No menu appears and Recents kinda freezes, I can no longer scroll.

Same for you?

I need your help. I'm desperate when switching to Miui 14. I had always installed the last ROMs via FastBoot. Now the change to TWRP had to take place again. The installation also works and after a reboot the TWRP is still functional... But every MIUI ROM, no matter if a 13th or 14th during installation, TWRP aborts and reports error 1. After a reboot I still have a defective OS in the bootloop. what i have to do? sorry for my worse english

Hello
I also installed without any issue. But since the update, I have problems when I receive a call.
There is no Pop-Up Window any more where I could take the call or reject.
I have to wait and call back

I need your help. I'm desperate when switching to Miui 14. I had always installed the last ROMs via FastBoot. Now the change to TWRP had to take place again. The installation also works and after a reboot the TWRP is still functional... But every MIUI ROM, no matter if a 13th or 14th during installation, TWRP aborts and reports error 1. After a reboot I still have a defective OS in the bootloop. what i have to do? sorry for my worse english
nobody could help? ;(

You need the appropiate TWRP. Each Xiaomi device has its own name (Mi 11 Ultra is "star", for exemple)
Then go to this link:

and choose your TWRP. If you have A12 you must install A12 version of TWRP. Here is a guide:

I suffer again a higher battery drain (when idle) after this Update. Had this effect after updating to miui 13 too, but for me helped disable hw overlays in developer options, as I read about it here.

Now on miui 14 this Switch in dev options has no impact on battery life. When i charge the Phone to 100 % in the morning and do not touch it for 7 or 8 hours, battery drains about 40 %. Thats annoying.

With miui 13 there would be 85 % left after 8h.

How is your battery life on 14.0.6.0?

I have stable MIUI14 in my Mi 11 Ultra, and my battery works fine. After 8 hours (all night), the drain is 4% or 5%.
Maybe a factory reset with format data could fix your battery issue.

I have stable MIUI14 in my Mi 11 Ultra, and my battery works fine. After 8 hours (all night), the drain is 4% or 5%.
Maybe a factory reset with format data could fix your battery issue.
But with 5G enabled? Or in Airplane mode?

I updated using the OTA updater. Initally it could not download the update but eventually it worked. The update itself went smoothly.
Battery life has been acceptable.
I have the issue of no popup window for incoming calls. At the moment i have to open the phone app to answer a call. Also call recording does not appear to be working.
Widgets will not work if app vault is selected as the -1 screen but I can install the if I switch -1 to google discovery.

I updated using the OTA updater. Initally it could not download the update but eventually it worked. The update itself went smoothly.
Battery life has been acceptable.
I have the issue of no popup window for incoming calls. At the moment i have to open the phone app to answer a call. Also call recording does not appear to be working.
Widgets will not work if app vault is selected as the -1 screen but I can install the if I switch -1 to google discovery.
If you have Google Phone, incoming calls don't work fine. Use system app for it.

I ran into a few other issues.
1. Google pay would not work. The solution was to delete and disable dual apps.
2. VoLTE and Wifi calling disappeared. Simple enough to enable them again with the dial codes.
3. Game turbo opens in horizontal view. There is no landscape / portrait switch in settings. I'm guessing this has been removed for some reason. Mildly annoying and I have not found any solution yet.

This is the first time im using xiaomi.eu rom and im loving it everything is smooth except the notifications.
Sometimes notifications are delayed when phone is idle and sometimes does not come until i open the specific app.
Tried every fix on google and on this website. Nothing helps.
If u care for notifications dont update to miui 14 yet. Stay on miui 13 until developers fix this issue. Its frustating

Reactions: Chrizl123
This is the first time im using xiaomi.eu rom and im loving it everything is smooth except the notifications.
Sometimes notifications are delayed when phone is idle and sometimes does not come until i open the specific app.
Tried every fix on google and on this website. Nothing helps.
If u care for notifications dont update to miui 14 yet. Stay on miui 13 until developers fix this issue. Its frustating

I can second the notification issue in 14.0.6, not just notification but my Alarm as well. Those apps have been set to no restriction on battery saver and cache cleared.
I also used the DozeOff app to Disable Doze and disable phantom process killing.
Verified Doze is off by using Termux->cd /system/bin. SU, dumpsys deviceidle shows both
mLightEnabled=False, mDeepEnabled=false is still active when the notification fail to appear.

Issue:
Alarm Clock Extreme fail to appear at schedule time sometimes
Whatsapp/Signal - msg/call fail to appear sometimes

The notification issue isn't just due to Doze this time unlike miui 12/13 which disabling doze almost always fix it. Very annoying I can't downgrade without wiping data which I am not going to do.

I wait for a few months before upgrading as I don't see a lot of noise but look like just not enough people bother reporting.
Going to use Tasker to force it to open once every 1 hour as a dumb workaround to not miss so much stuff, might still miss stuff in between if unlucky. :(

Attachments

• tasker1.png
    tasker1.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 95
  • tasker2.png
    tasker2.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I can second the notification issue in 14.0.6, not just notification but my Alarm as well. Those apps have been set to no restriction on battery saver and cache cleared.
I also used the DozeOff app to Disable Doze and disable phantom process killing.
Verified Doze is off by using Termux->cd /system/bin. SU, dumpsys deviceidle shows both
mLightEnabled=False, mDeepEnabled=false is still active when the notification fail to appear.

Issue:
Alarm Clock Extreme fail to appear at schedule time sometimes
Whatsapp/Signal - msg/call fail to appear sometimes

The notification issue isn't just due to Doze this time unlike miui 12/13 which disabling doze almost always fix it. Very annoying I can't downgrade without wiping data which I am not going to do.

I wait for a few months before upgrading as I don't see a lot of noise but look like just not enough people bother reporting.
Going to use Tasker to force it to open once every 1 hour as a dumb workaround to not miss so much stuff, might still miss stuff in between if unlucky. :(
I read somewhere that there is an issue with notifications with the Stable release. The Weekly ROM fixes this issue.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)