File Base Encryption On Xiaomi.eu Rom

Wojtoo

Members
Jul 15, 2017
hello,
first, I would like to thank you for your work in great ROM
I wanted to encrypt my phone mi6 with TWRP and xiaomi.eu_multi_MI6_7.7.14_v8-7.1 installed with no succes
First I tried do it from phone "Settings > Personal > Security"
It started but after ca 9 hours I decided to turn off phone. I had to flash phone again (message that encryption was canceled etc)
Than I tried do it by fastboot "fastboot --wipe-and-use-fbe"
Message was that it erase data partition and cache
Boot to system again and nothing changed. I didn't found that myphone is encrypted. I was able to view files via TWRP
So my question is - is it possible at that moment using xiaomi.eu ROM and TWRP to encrypt phone based on fbe?
thanks

+1 on this actually.
company's email enforcing either File based encryption or Full device encryption. Full device encryption does not work (hangs at 100%, and it's also terribly inconvenient), and enabling file encryption seems to "encrypt" the device, but all content is visible from TWRP with no password entry and the email app is not convinced device is encrypted :(

Using Mi6 with xiaomi.eu ROM 7.11.30_v9-7.1
Any ideas please?

Something news?? I also would like to use fbe on xiaomi Devices (mix 2s), fulldevice encryption wth pre-boot pattern/Pin is dumb as hell when requiring Phone actually running all the time, and some reboots will Happen for sure...

Gesendet von meinem MIX 2S mit Tapatalk