Files Left on the Device after Wiping with TWRP

IvanV

Members
Mar 21, 2016
Hi guys!

I installed xiaomi.eu 8.10.11 ROM last night (previously, I was running Xiaomi's official 9.6.1.0 global stable). Everything went fine, but I was surprised to see all of my data (pictures, documents, music...) still on the phone, even though I wiped data in TWRP prior to installing the ROM (I used the default option as it said that it is probably the only one I would ever need). So, on first boot, I had no apps installed, my phone book was empty etc, but the stuff I mentioned was still there.

That's actually kind of neat (I was going to re-transfer a lot of it back anyway), but it makes me wonder what exactly is left over? Is there some non-functional junk taking up space (I hade a couple of gigs of maps downloaded by the Here We Go application) and potentially causing issues in the future?

Before I flashed my MIX2s for the first time, I also noticed a lot of maps leftovers, all with funny map names, those are chinese map names, so during flashing the normal way, the EU rom ignores those completely with their content in it. So to be sure, I just did format incl. user data, flashed .EU again and let Mi Cloud and Google do their restore thing. Never had any problems after that and a blazing fast phone :)

Reactions: iamme729 and IvanV