Finally Google pay working on my Mi9

After upgrading to Miui 11 Gpay complained to me. Have redone the steps from here which was discussed earlier in this thread (and also worked perfectly for me on miui 10). Will see later today if it starts working again and report back.

After upgrading to Miui 11 Gpay complained to me. Have redone the steps from here which was discussed earlier in this thread (and also worked perfectly for me on miui 10). Will see later today if it starts working again and report back.
It works for me + SafetyPatchv3 in Magisk to fix cts profile problem.

Reactions: Mali2 and tanivula
Same steps here and as extpumajl mentioned with safetypatch v3 to fix CTS, works exellent in Miui 11

Reactions: tanivula
Yep, GPay gave the same warning as before.

Thank you extpumajl & Mali2 - have downloaded safetypatch v3 now. I forgot to check safetynet in Magisk after the miui11 update. After applying safetypatch v3 it's passing the CTSprofile check

Reactions: extpumajl and Mali2
Hi Guys,

GPay didn't work from me on previous build, now after latest beta release (9.10.10) I didn't see the problem with SafetyNet test.
I wasn't able to add any card though. I did the steps from first post, clearing all GApp, GPlay data etc. and it worked!

Hi big Sir, I tried understanding this https://github.com/davidramiro/gpay-gms-patch/blob/master/README.md , but I really don't know what I should do, will you be so kind to guide me please? What are the steps I need to do to get Google Pay to work?

I have the same phone, Mi 9 SE (128gb), and I can flash either the EU weekly or stable rom. Currently just flashed the new MIUI 11 stable. I can't get my Google Pay to work, which is really frustrating as I bought this phone to replace my reliable Mi 8 SE which didn't support NFC.

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-11-16-39-02-851_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-11-16-39-02-851_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 828
  • Screenshot_2019-10-11-22-52-08-967_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-11-22-52-08-967_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 983
Last edited:
Hi big Sir, I tried understanding this https://github.com/davidramiro/gpay-gms-patch/blob/master/README.md , but I really don't know what I should do, will you be so kind to guide me please? What are the steps I need to do to get Google Pay to work?

I have the same phone, Mi 9 SE (128gb), and I can flash either the EU weekly or stable rom. Currently just flashed the new MIUI 11 stable. I can't get my Google Pay to work, which is really frustrating as I bought this phone to replace my reliable Mi 8 SE which didn't support NFC.

Thanks in advance! :)

Dowload this file onto you phone.
Go into recovery and into terminal from there and change the permissions.
Reboot into MIUI
Install terminal onto your phone
Install busybox (via magisk manager)
In terminal, grant it SuperUser access (su and enter)
Then go to the directory you save the file and run it (sh filename.sh)

Doesnt matter if you have Magisk installed just follow this in the same order

1) Boot into TWRP, delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/"
2) Boot to System
3) Delete GPay App Data (Cache & Data)
4) Start Gpay Once an close it right now, without adding or changing something
5) Boot into TWRP
6) check the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here but I found 2 folders so ordering by date the list I left the older one and deleted the other folder
7) Boot to System
8) Download the SafetyNet App from the play store, and run the test should be green and no errors
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6 which is the one we didnt delete the last time>", the other Folder should stay untouched
11) now in the same folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache" press the folder with the tick in it and run CHMOD after that replace the 0000 with 0551 and thats all
12) Reboot to System and set up GPay dont forget when youre gonna pay to change the option with HCE WALLET
Thanks! My google pay in Mi CC9 finally works!
Note point 9) should be "Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", right?

Last edited:
I have magisk, everything good and green.
Device is certified and safetynet passes.
After doing this it appears an error: Request failed. Your transaction cannot be completed. [OR-TAPSH-08]
Can you help me please?

Guys, just my two pence. I have no Magisk or anything special done, just unlocked my bootloader as I was on stock Chinese Miui 10 ROM, installed Miui 11 from here and then installed Google Pay from apkpure and that's it. It's working.

Guys, just my two pence. I have no Magisk or anything special done, just unlocked my bootloader as I was on stock Chinese Miui 10 ROM, installed Miui 11 from here and then installed Google Pay from apkpure and that's it. It's working.
stable or weekly?

Hi,
I have slight different issue and can't solve it.
  1. I can use GPay and register the cards with no problem at all.
  2. After a few days, or sometimes hours, the cards get deleted and I have to re register all of the cards back again.
  3. I added Gpay to the exceptions for the cache deletion but had no luck with this,
  4. Reinstalled the app several times, but also, no luck.
Has anybody else had any similar issues and how you solved it?

Thanks!!!!

MIUI 11.2 9.12.27

Freshly Installed ROM on new device MI9 8/256 China.

NO ROOT

I have Encryption On (with I asume from Pin that I have to put in TWRP 3.3.1)

No luck in this method :(

I get message that my phone is rooted or have other modification from bank app (t-Mobile) and same message when I add my card info to Gpay App

Is there Any WAY to get this work and not having to root the device???

Is maybe encryption the reason??

MIUI 11.2 9.12.27

Freshly Installed ROM on new device MI9 8/256 China.

NO ROOT

I have Encryption On (with I asume from Pin that I have to put in TWRP 3.3.1)

No luck in this method :(

I get message that my phone is rooted or have other modification from bank app (t-Mobile) and same message when I add my card info to Gpay App

Is there Any WAY to get this work and not having to root the device???

Is maybe encryption the reason??
safetynet passed? encryption is not an issue.. it is mandatory for your device..

safetynet passed? encryption is not an issue.. it is mandatory for your device..
Yes saftynet test pass all 3 sections...

Twrp is official from twrp.me 3.1.1-0
when in in TWRP after I enter pin I have red message: unhandled flag: wrappedkey

Last edited:
Yes saftynet test pass all 3 sections...

Twrp is official from twrp.me 3.1.1-0
After I enter pin I have red message: unhandled flag: wrappedkey
Which 3 sections do you mean?

Saftynet request pass
CTS profile match pass
Basic integrity pass

Overall Pass;)
P.S. this screenshot is from other device but on mi9 I get the same result

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-02-06-27-02-387_com.atominvention.rootchecker.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-02-06-27-02-387_com.atominvention.rootchecker.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 428
Other thoughts came to my mind:
1. I get the china version mi9 with already unlocked bootloader and official global rom. (From whell known Aliexp seller ;))
Maybe I should relock bootloader and unlock it again by my Xiaomi account?? Or since its china version this is even possible ( relocking may instant Brick?)
2. Security patch is from 01.12.2019 (01 december 2019)
On my main device (mix 2s) I have 11.01.2019 latest xiaomi.eu and nfc payment with gpay works just fine.
3. I read here and on xda that since update to Android 10/miui11 even with rooted device and magisk there are still issues with nfc and gpay on mi9

Last edited: