Members
May 10, 2019
Doesnt matter if you have Magisk installed just follow this in the same order

1) Boot into TWRP, delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/"
2) Boot to System
3) Delete GPay App Data (Cache & Data)
4) Start Gpay Once an close it right now, without adding or changing something
5) Boot into TWRP
6) check the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here but I found 2 folders so ordering by date the list I left the older one and deleted the other folder
7) Boot to System
8) Download the SafetyNet App from the play store, and run the test should be green and no errors
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6 which is the one we didnt delete the last time>", the other Folder should stay untouched
11) now in the same folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache" press the folder with the tick in it and run CHMOD after that replace the 0000 with 0551 and thats all
12) Reboot to System and set up GPay dont forget when youre gonna pay to change the option with HCE WALLET

Holy crap, this was the first set of instructions that actually worked for me! Thanks so much!

Procedure didnt work on my 9SE. Any other ways to get it working without root and magisk?

2) Boot to System
5) Boot into TWRP
6) check the name of Folder inside "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache", only one should be here but I found 2 folders so ordering by date the list I left the older one and deleted the other folder
7) Boot to System
8) Download the SafetyNet App from the play store, and run the test should be green and no errors
9) Boot into TWRP, now there are 2 Folders in "/data/data/com.google.android.gms"
10) delete "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/<FOLDER FROM POINT 6 which is the one we didnt delete the last time>", the other Folder should stay untouched
11) now in the same folder "/data/data/com.google.android.gms/app_dg_cache" press the folder with the tick in it and run CHMOD after that replace the 0000 with 0551 and thats all
12) Reboot to System and set up GPay dont forget when youre gonna pay to change the option with HCE WALLET

I just tried that today on 9.6.5 weekly for mi9 and this worked thankfully. Cheers :)

[QUOTE = "drbiggy, сообщение: 490810, участник: 241270"]
Procedure didnt work on my 9SE. Any other ways to get it working without root and magisk?
[/ QUOTE]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-15-21-46-39-912_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-15-21-46-39-912_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,184
Last edited:
It sure did, remembered to give it a shot. Worked without any issue!

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Had an update to gpay come through today which went through without any errors or warnings.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Reactions: nullpointer

2) Boot to System
5) Boot into TWRP
7) Boot to System

Hey,

Do you know wich version of TWRP you used ?
In mine (3.3.0-0423), I can't saw the directory com.google.android.gms.

Thanks.

I was using one of the 3.3.1's with my Mi9. You need to have a version of TWRP that can read the encryption on your device. For example, I'm on Android Q right now, unless I update to at least 3.3.1.37(mauronofrio) I wouldn't be able to do the trick.

Reactions: scarlaty
Can't remember where I got it from, but I downloaded GPaySQLiteFixv17.zip and I ran that thru twrp and it fixed everything automatically for googlepay

2) Boot to System
5) Boot into TWRP
7) Boot to System

Tried 3 times and it didnt worked.

But after the last try, after try without success GPay, entered into TWRP and the folder of step 6) was created again. Made the CHMOD in THAT folder (the same deleted in step 10) ) and worked!!!

Thanks!

Hello Together,
has anyone a working gpay(with paypal) with Android Q (9.8.22)?
I dont use Magisk.
The workaround doesn't work since update to Q

Thanks