fingerprint function disappeared MI 10 Ultra

IronSam

Members
Jan 5, 2021
Hello everyone just want to ask is there anyway, guide, recommendation, advise to fix the problem of the fingerprint not working....

recently i switched from china beta rom to eu beta room and then now i don't have the fingerprint function available. when i try to setup up the fingerprint a message shows up that says " Fingerprint couldn't been added try later" I "been looking and searching for a solution in this page and on internet and nothing so far..... maybe there is a solution for this??? i would appreciate any help. best regards

I have same problem on Mi9 21.1.14

That's weird. I'm guessing that it's only an issue if you're attempting to add a new fingerprint. I am on the latest xiaomi.eu beta and I'm using a Mi 9 Lite. I can use my preexisting fingerprints without any troubles. It'll be worth seeing if this problem is fixed with the next update. If you're not wanting to wait then you should probably stick with the stable ROMs. You miss out on the cutting edge features, but it's usually heaps more robust than beta.

Hello everyone just want to ask is there anyway, guide, recommendation, advise to fix the problem of the fingerprint not working....

recently i switched from china beta rom to eu beta room and then now i don't have the fingerprint function available. when i try to setup up the fingerprint a message shows up that says " Fingerprint couldn't been added try later" I "been looking and searching for a solution in this page and on internet and nothing so far..... maybe there is a solution for this??? i would appreciate any help. best regards
Did you format the phone before installing EU beta ROM? You must do it every time you change between EU, Chinese or global ROM. And also if you change from beta to stable, or from stable to beta ROM.
Try formatting all data in your phone, and then reinstall the ROM you want again.

Did you format the phone before installing EU beta ROM? You must do it every time you change between EU, Chinese or global ROM. And also if you change from beta to stable, or from stable to beta ROM.
Try formatting all data in your phone, and then reinstall the ROM you want again.
Yes I did format before and after installation of the ROM

Enviado desde mi M2007J1SC mediante Tapatalk

Yes I did format before and after installation of the ROM

Enviado desde mi M2007J1SC mediante Tapatalk
After?? I think we are speaking about different format, because the format I mean erases everything in your phone. Data, system, storage memory... And after that format, you should install the ROM and then just wipe cache and dalvik.

Hi there are some workarounds ... as example set "set SELinux to permissive" or delete "fingeprint files/db" try some simple checks:
  • Please go to "Developer Options" scroll down and check if this "button / function" is disabled (it has to be disabled)
  • in TWRP - as mentioned - just wipe cache and dalvik and reboot
  • change the Pattern to Pin and add the fingerprint. When asked to press Next on screen, Do Not Press Next! Put your finger on the scanner instead, and it will progress to the next page and follow the instruction until complete. The fingerprint should work fine
And here are some more hints:

Last edited:
After?? I think we are speaking about different format, because the format I mean erases everything in your phone. Data, system, storage memory... And after that format, you should install the ROM and then just wipe cache and dalvik.

Hi there because i was coming from Chinese stable rom to a weekly eu rom i did this based on this information:
Install TWRP, then boot straight to TWRP, not system. Then FORMAT data from TWRPs menu. Mount PC or OTG usb stick with the ROM on, using TWRP, install ROM, then once done, FORMAT data again, then reboot system. Obviously you would normally only wipe dalvik and cache on any same branch update but as the EU ROM and Chinese may have partition differences between them, it's best to format before and after on this install only. Then wait, it takes ages but as long as you see the 5g and MIUI logo, it will be ok.

Hi there are some workarounds ... as example set "set SELinux to permissive" or delete "fingeprint files/db" try some simple checks:
  • Please go to "Developer Options" scroll down and check if this "button / function" is disabled (it has to be disabled)
    View attachment 34338
  • in TWRP - as mentioned - just wipe cache and dalvik and reboot
  • change the Pattern to Pin and add the fingerprint. When asked to press Next on screen, Do Not Press Next! Put your finger on the scanner instead, and it will progress to the next page and follow the instruction until complete. The fingerprint should work fine
And here are some more hints:

Hi i have tried all the methods you mentioned and nothing, the don't keep activities its disabled, still got the option to enroll the fingerprint its on the phone but when i try to add a fingerprint it closes.....
i have facial recognition, Bluetooth and all the functions working good, just the fingerprint its the one not.

jus now i did a rom downgrade until the china stable version 12.0.13, then started to install to 12.0.15, and now again in the latest eu weekly version 20.1.20 and nothing, i tried to flash some persist.img and nothing, soooo maybe there is more options somewhere to try its just its a little frustrating, but i keep searching.

Reactions: madf78
hey guys more thing about this fingerprint issue is that in my specific case when i go to the Apps Manager and look for fingerprint, there are no FingerprintServiceExtesion neither the Fingerprint Test. there is only one that's says Delmar Fingerprint. i have seen in many tutorials and articles that most of the people solved this issue clearing data or cache, but in my case i don't have these options.

so, is it possible to get the files from other rom?

sorry i am not good at this topics so i need some help... thanks in advanced

Last edited: