Fingerprint Scanner Bug

Andrea Cesari

Members
Jul 7, 2015
Hi all,
I'm having this issue:
The fingerprint is working well, but after I keep the phone in the pocket it's not anymore working. I have to reboot the phone to make it work again.
I tried with different rom and always the same problem. I even asked for a new phone, but still same problem.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

I don't understand.. Have you took a new phone and however it still not working?
However, try to block in Setting -> LockScreen -> Prevention calls from pocket

yes exactly, i asked for a new one because the phone arrived with a ribbed back cover. Actually this morning appened also without taking it in the pocket, but it was enough to unlock it manually and then started working again.
Really i don't understand if it's normal that sometimes it stop working or it's just that the rom isn't mature enough..
Anyway i will try to take off the prevention calls from pocket

I have the same, its a software issue. Something like in deep sleep the fingerprint doesn't work any more until you reboot.

Someone suggested that while putting the fone in ur pocket, try facing the screen side (not the scanner side) against ur leg to avoid the scanner being used.

For some reasons sometimes the scanner will catch ur leg as ur finger and try to read fingerprints -> after some failed trying the scanner will lock itself (for security reason i suppose ?). And it will only work again after a reboot. You guys should try it too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: meehow81
Someone suggested that while putting the fone in ur pocket, try facing the screen side (not the scanner side) against ur leg to avoid the scanner being used.

For some reasons sometimes the scanner will catch ur leg as ur finger and try to read fingerprints -> after some failed trying the scanner will lock itself (for security reason i suppose ?). And it will only work again after a reboot. You guys should try it too.

Actually you are right, I started to think the same thing. In fact now I'm trying to put the phone with the screen facing the legs. Let's see..
But anyway for example, this morning after I took the phone first time after charging, the fingrerpint was not working, i had to unlock it manually and started to work again..very strange!

My phone tries to scan my like when squatting or kneeling down (e.g. When reaching something low to the ground). After 3 failed scans, the phone will ask for the PIN code again. I think this is just a security measure instead of a bug.

In any case, when I enter the PIN again, fingerprint scanner works again. I don't need to reboot my phone

guys... even i m facing the similar issue... i keep the phone in my pocket with scanner facing my leg.. it tries to detect it.. and then i have to manually open the phone as the scanner stops working... is there any solution to this>? or should i return the phone and take a new one..?

Turn it around such that the screen faces your leg. It's a matter of learning the habit to put your phone in your pocket like that...

I have same issue, but I don't get how it can be my leg as the phone only comes into contact with the inside of my pocket, not my leg and I tested uses my finger behind material and it doesn't register as an attempt to unlock phone.
I also have an issue that if I try to unlock without first pressing the power button, then although it works 80% of the time, 20% of the time the phone unlocks and then locks immediately and it may do this several times in a row and eventually unlock, or I have to press power button as unlocking after pressing power button works 100%.

Mike

Sometimes my fingerprint scanner also gets bugged. No response when trying to unlock ( no vibration ). Found out when I change volume (up or down, try both) and lock button below then it works again without reboot