Fingerprint Scanner Doesn't Work After Reboot (after Initial Login)

Paul Hanique

Members
Jul 18, 2014
After restarting my Mi5s the fingerprint scanner doesn't work anymore. The same issue appears when I put the phone off and I put it on a day later (I like to put the phone off while sleeping).
I know that the first time after restarting the fingerprint doesn't work by Android default. However, it also doesn't work thereafter. When I remove the fingerprints in settings and add new ones, it works again. Does anyone have the same issue and a possible solution?

I have a Mi5s (128 gb/4 gb) with the stable EU Rom (8.0.10.0 MAGCNDH)

When You restart your Mobile
Its Obligatory to run first time with your pattern , pin, or password Once

Then the Fingerprint will work thereafter.

Only if you Restart or Power Off - On you Mi5s.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

When You restart your Mobile
Its Obligatory to run first time with your pattern , pin, or password Once

Then the Fingerprint will work thereafter.

Only if you Restart or Power Off - On you Mi5s.

This is exactly the issue. It doesn't work thereafter (as said in my first post). I need to remove the fingerprints and add new ones to make it work again.

I have more strange issues with my Mi5s:
- Navigation buttons stopped working out of now where (and started working again after some hours).
- Some apps don't work anymore.

The phone arrived with a fake global rom. I installed the stable xiaomi.eu rom and everything worked fine. When the official global rom was released I installed that one. This rom wasn't satisfying me (spoiled by the .eu rom) and I reinstalled the .eu rom. And thereafter the problems started. Could a reflashing the .eu rom and clearing the internal storage solve these issues?
If so, what is the best way to clear the internal storage and flash the .eu rom again?

Format Data yes
Then Flash Europe Rom
Then Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache & Your Done No more Issues