Fingerprint Scanner Is Awful

henrycordy

Members
Jul 14, 2017
Hi. I have had my Mi5s with global rom for a few months. 8.5.3.0 MAGMIED ROM. The fingerprint scanner is so unreliable. I have scanned different fingers and rescanned, but nothing works. Other people report no problem with Chinese Rom. Is there a fix?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Thanks but I am not sure what you mean.

Hope ur phone is bootloader unlocked...then flash twrp zcx via fastboot or in existing twrp official....then mount persist twrp zcx ....go in file explorer in advanced tab in twrp zcx....delete the persist contents....that's all....

Reactions: MilkyMeda
OK thanks. Will that mean I have to set up my phone again, or will it keep everything the same?

Tr

You are welcome......
Try it...and report back.....!!!
Just add the fingers again after reboot.....!!!!

Amazing man it is working. Thank you so much.

Guys don't forget the mount persist before delete it. It is totaly works.

Awesome trick Addymore, many thanks for the tip!!!

FP unlock is doing much better now

Its works!
- in zcx twrp (not the original twrp): advanced/File Explorer, find and deleted "persist" folder. Thats all. Then reconfigure the fingerprints.

Thanks!

Reactions: barbuti17
Its works!
- in zcx twrp (not the original twrp): advanced/File Explorer, find and deleted "persist" folder. Thats all. Then reconfigure the fingerprints.

Thanks!

Two days after deleting "persist" folder, I tell you that the fingerprint reading has improved, however it still gives problems. If 7 of 10 failed before, now it's 3 out of 10.
There is improvement, but I expect more than one Mi5s.

The redmi 3s failed less. :(

Try flash
Two days after deleting "persist" folder, I tell you that the fingerprint reading has improved, however it still gives problems. If 7 of 10 failed before, now it's 3 out of 10.
There is improvement, but I expect more than one Mi5s.

The redmi 3s failed less. :(

Try flashing fastboot rom in edl.....and clean all....using latest dev firmware....u will definitely get best results

Reactions: sloodki
does anyone have an ideea what can we do for the same issue on xiaomi.eu/miui 9 ?
The procedure is the same....!!! delete persist folder it twrp zcx or using a file xplorer with root access.....if bad results after adding the new fingers, clean flash the latest fastboot dev rom from edl with clean all option , then after booting up, flash twrp and xiaomi eu ....u will get the FP to work normally...

Reactions: Pablo Garcia
The procedure is the same....!!! delete persist folder it twrp zcx or using a file xplorer with root access.....if bad results after adding the new fingers, clean flash the latest fastboot dev rom from edl with clean all option , then after booting up, flash twrp and xiaomi eu ....u will get the FP to work normally...

there is no persist folder or the twrp is not shown

Reactions: barbuti17
Hi folks. I'm the OP on this thread and I have solved my problem. I was using the Google launcher. Eventually I needed to do a factory reset as the phone got completely stuck. I've stayed with the MIUI launcher and never have a problem with the fingerprint scanner