FIXED: Unable to access vacuum settings

whatisk

Members
Jan 26, 2020
Got a Gen 1 Xiaomi vacuum which is working fine on China server. However, if I go into the Mi Home app and try and go into the settings for the vacuum the app freezes then crashes out. As such, I cannot change any settings on the vacuum at all. This is on a Pixel 3A XL latest updates, etc.
It shows the map fine after cleaning though.
The other day it didn't clean as per the schedule and when I checked it had lost wifi connection for some reason (wifi light not illuminated). Held down the 2 buttons to repair and did that without issue. But then had the Chinese voice back again.
Wondering if people may know how to fix. I've tried different versions of the app (I'm on Android so easy enough to do) and completely clearing the cache for the app before deleting and reinstalling. Every app version I have tried (including a quite old one as I needed to get the token again to put into Home Assistant) crashes when going into the settings for the vacuum.
The only way I have been able to get the English voice back was to install FloleVac which allowed me to reinstall the English pack and use it.
The only thing I haven't done is a hard reset of the vacuum by using the reset button, which I guess is something I should perhaps try.

Out of curiosity I tried on my old Nexus 6P and I could go into the settings on that without issue. So not sure if it's a phone issue or something gone awry with latest Android compatibility?

Not easy do detect the problem. Maybe Cleaner AND connection to Pixel. ?
In your position I wound first do a factory reset (Cleaner) and installation of newest firmware.
This needs not many time.

Thanks for the reply. Will look at removing from the app and doing a full factory reset of the vacuum.

Doing a factory reset of the vacuum seems to have fixed the issue with accessing the settings within the app.
Hopefully it will help with disconnecting from the wifi as well.

Reactions: Hanezu86