Flash EU 9.11.24 in MI 9T pro encrypted phone

Cecco1949

Members
May 1, 2017
After the twrp installation, entered in twrp with pin insertion I proceeded to "FORMAT DATA" and then to the flash of the rom. But the phone remained encrypted. Thanks

After the twrp installation, entered in twrp with pin insertion I proceeded to "FORMAT DATA" and then to the flash of the rom. But the phone remained encrypted. Thanks
Along with the ROM I also need to install the Disable DM-Verity.

Inviato dal mio Redmi K20 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

I didn't flash DM-Verity last week after i flashed MIUI 11 stable in TWRP.

Are there any problems when I flash the new stable when it arrives ?
Anything I have to take care then ?

I found a solution. Fist, do a backup but you will lost all your data.
-> I flashed twrp-3.3.1-22-raphael-mauronofrio.img
-> reboot on recovery
-> wipe>Format Data (yes, it have a button "format data" on right side over advanced wipe and you will need to write yes)
-> copy the last MIUI Eu zip to your internal storage over USB Cable
-> flash a MIUI EU zip and reboot

When you format your internal storage with this option (wipe->format Data) your device will completelly lost your current Miui Global Encription.
PS:when I finnaly booted on system, my device has asked me for my miui Password to activate my device.

I hope it will help you and everyone :)

Yes thats the usual flah procedure - i did it like that last week.
But I'm afraid ma device is encrypted now and i will have problems to dirty flash the next stable.
So whats the correct UPDATE procedure for new stble MIUI 11 without format data ?

I found a solution. Fist, do a backup but you will lost all your data.
-> I flashed twrp-3.3.1-22-raphael-mauronofrio.img
-> reboot on recovery
-> wipe>Format Data (yes, it have a button "format data" on right side over advanced wipe and you will need to write yes)
-> copy the last MIUI Eu zip to your internal storage over USB Cable
-> flash a MIUI EU zip and reboot

When you format your internal storage with this option (wipe->format Data) your device will completelly lost your current Miui Global Encription.
PS:when I finnaly booted on system, my device has asked me for my miui Password to activate my device.

I hope it will help you and everyone :)
This not really new...
You just found what is written as instructions for rom installation at first page of the rom section.
This nobody spend one second to read and apply.

This not really new...
You just found what is written as instructions for rom installation at first page of the rom section.
This nobody spend one second to read and apply.
Yep, but on my case, for a many hours, I was confused in "wipe data" and "format data" options. I have learned the instruction os first page, but a made this mistake. Some users can made a same mistake. Mostly users who don't know much English, users who read translations with dubious terms, and who may also end up confusing "wipe" and "format"

Reactions: LOLO9393
Yes thats the usual flah procedure - i did it like that last week.
But I'm afraid ma device is encrypted now and i will have problems to dirty flash the next stable.
So whats the correct UPDATE procedure for new stble MIUI 11 without format data ?
I don't know exactly, but, a few weeks ago, on my Mi8, I had the same issue, after I format my data, this problema has gone. Before this, I did many weekly dirty updates and I dont had more this "encription problem". On this last week I buyed my Mi 9T and I've had the same issue, I've solved on the same way, but I dont have received an update yet.
As soon as I get an update, I install it and warn here if I had problems, after all, I don't have many backup issues, but I can prevent a problem that could have a backup issue.

Just go to last week's build and at the end there's a note about updating twrp with a specific link to the Mi9T to solve that encription problem

This specific links is for Mi9t, not Mi9t pro.
That's what I said.

What is happening with my android system background?