Flash help please for Mi 11 Ultra from A11 to A12 for noob.

SunilStark

Members
Nov 9, 2020
Hey guys. I haven't been on this website for so long and missed all the weekly A12 updates. I am still on A11 MIUI 12.6 | 21.9.1 weekly. Now I read that A12 does not support TWRP and had tons of bug. My question is:
1. Should I even upgrade from A11 to A12? Because my current ROM is pretty stable and bug free. Feels like it's safer to stay here. But would like experts opinion.
2. If I should move to A12, what is the best course of action? The steps to have a safe flash without loosing my data. If you could please say that, that would be great..

Thanks guys.

SunilStark

Members
Nov 9, 2020
How to update: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-12-1.64111/post-638860

A12 has some bugs, if you are satisfied you do not need to update. The A12 does not bring anything useful, quite the contrary.
But I'm not an expert. :)
Thank you so much for the reply. Your command for fastboot update, does it preserve data? Or erases everything? And what is the possibility of a brick if I move from that old A11 to this new A12? Or should I flash previous A12 and then update to latest A12?

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021
All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!
The possibility of a brick is minimal. It just depends on your actions.
You can update directly on the current ROM.

Reactions: katerpanne

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hey guys. I haven't been on this website for so long and missed all the weekly A12 updates. I am still on A11 MIUI 12.6 | 21.9.1 weekly. Now I read that A12 does not support TWRP and had tons of bug. My question is:
1. Should I even upgrade from A11 to A12? Because my current ROM is pretty stable and bug free. Feels like it's safer to stay here. But would like experts opinion.
2. If I should move to A12, what is the best course of action? The steps to have a safe flash without loosing my data. If you could please say that, that would be great..

Thanks guys.
Dont do it… if everything is fine with your device… never touch a running system :)

I am on a11 as well… no problems. At the moment I dont see any advantages to update