Flashed MIUI12 , device softbricked.

Phreek

Members
Mar 14, 2020
Hello,
I was recently using miui eu 20.3.26 on my redmi note 7.
I tried to dirty flash the new miui eu 12 20.4.27 I got some weird E1001: failed to update system partition along with an error 7.
I tried wiping Cache, Dalvik and system and reflashing. the error persisted. I was stuck without and OS. I tried reflashing 20.3.26 I got the same error 7.
Now that I got the fastboot ROM from xiaomi, flashing with xiaomiflash , xiaomiflashtool and saki adb tools all ends in an endless 'flashing system'.
Could my system partition be damaged?
Is there a way for me to recover my phone or is it dead?

update: I tried to reboot the fastboot after cancelling the stuck flashing process. Phone went black as I pressed Power+ Volume down, screen didnt light up since. Is this loss ?

Seems a hard bricked device. Your in EDL mode and device should be recognized as Qualcomm modem. Only EDL will work. I'll hope you didn't destroyed all partitions.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi K20 Pro mit Tapatalk

You can try this.
1° You need the twrp recovery, orange fox recovery and the full rom of your device.
Boot into fastboot, flash twrp recovery.
After this reboot to twrp "if this work"
Try transfer the orange fox to your internal memory or sd card and flash it, if you do not have an sd card and do not have access to internal memory, you can try installing it from adb sideload, for this, go to Advanced>sideload> swipe to install and in the pc on CMD type:
adb sideload "c:\oragefox file patch\archive name.zip" with " "
after flash sucessfull your phone auto reboot into orange fox recovery, now click ok menu> manage partititons>data>format data> type yes and press enter to confirm, after formated click on return, click in all boxes except sd card and swipe to confirm, now click on menu>reboot>reboot into recovery.
if everything has worked out so far you will have access to your internal memory again, then just put the full rom in the internal memory and flash it. Orange fox support stock rom.
If you still don't have access to internal memory, you can do the installation by adb sideload, for that click on menu> adb sideload> swipe to confirm> and type in CMD adb sideload "c:\path file rom\file name.zip" with " "
after that just restart and be happy.

Hope it works.