Flashing New Recovery Via Fastboot Does Not Stick

techtechnique

Members
Apr 4, 2011
Can anyone please help me?
I have tried to flash Philz recovery.img using fastboot.
The command I'm using is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and everytime I try the result shows in my cmd session that it was a success.
However, when I boot the phone into recovery, I ALWAYS get the MiRecovery 2.0.1.
My phone is Redmi Note 4G dual SIM, model HM Note 1S CU.

Please please help me!

Sent from my HM NOTE 1S using Tapatalk

Why bother changing recovery?
Try fastboot boot recovery.img

Wysłano z MI Note

I want to change the recovery so I can flash the fix for the lag issues when the camera is used.

Thanks but I'm pretty sure the bootloader is factory unlocked on these phones.
In any event, it made no difference.

For the Redmi 2 you have to do the following:
  • Rename the file named recovery-from-boot.p to allow a permanent cwm recovery flash. You will need a root browser with root permissions (for example Root Browser by JRummy Apps Inc from the Play store). Don’t forget to give the root browser root permission in the Security > Permissions > Root permissions menu.
Maybe it is the same for you.

I used this guide, step 3 http://en.miui.com/thread-58681-1-1.html

For the Redmi 2 you have to do the following:
  • Rename the file named recovery-from-boot.p to allow a permanent cwm recovery flash. You will need a root browser with root permissions (for example Root Browser by JRummy Apps Inc from the Play store). Don’t forget to give the root browser root permission in the Security > Permissions > Root permissions menu.
Maybe it is the same for you.

I used this guide, step 3 http://en.miui.com/thread-58681-1-1.html
This suggests that I must have rooted the phone, which I am not keen to do as my banking apps will not work on rooted devices.

This suggests that I must have rooted the phone, which I am not keen to do as my banking apps will not work on rooted devices.

When you are using a weekly rom from this site you already have a rooted device...