Flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM with Chromebook/ChromeOS/Linux Terminal

Spacman

Members
Jun 7, 2021
Hey guys,

how do I flash a XIaomi.eu ROM with my new Chromebook? ChromeOS is based on Linux, so I have a fully functional terminal and it's also possible to set up adb & fastboot through a tutorial from XDA (if necessary).
Is it possible to just connect my Mi 11 Ultra via cable with the laptop, boot to fastboot mode and double click the .sh-file?
My windows laptop is getting slower and slower, thats why I chose a chromebook now and I would like to use only this and not have two devices in parallel use.

Thanks in advance

We never tried flashing on ChromeOS. If the Chromebook has a x86 CPU, you can try the Linux script, but we don't know if it'll work, but shouldn't be dangerous to try or anything...

We never tried flashing on ChromeOS. If the Chromebook has a x86 CPU, you can try the Linux script, but we don't know if it'll work, but shouldn't be dangerous to try or anything...
Yup, it has. I focused on non-ARM CPUs to get everything to work.
I'm on latest weekly at this moment, does anything happen, if I flash update_rom.sh? Or should I wait until next release to try it?

Yup, it has. I focused on non-ARM CPUs to get everything to work.
I'm on latest weekly at this moment, does anything happen, if I flash update_rom.sh? Or should I wait until next release to try it?
If you're on Weekly and want to flash a newer Weekly, then update_rom.sh is what you should use. If you're trying to flash a Stable, then you'll have to use the other script to format the data partition.

If you're on Weekly and want to flash a newer Weekly, then update_rom.sh is what you should use. If you're trying to flash a Stable, then you'll have to use the other script to format the data partition.
No, I mean:
Right now, i'm on 22.3.3 (star). Does anything happen, if I flash the update.sh from 22.3.3. again? Or should I wait until next release?

No, I mean:
Right now, i'm on 22.3.3 (star). Does anything happen, if I flash the update.sh from 22.3.3. again? Or should I wait until next release?
It's entirely safe to reflash the same ROM, nothing will change. In fact, the system won't even notice it (i.e. it won't start any upgrade tasks).

Reactions: Spacman
@Igor Eisberg maybe know what to do?
Screenshot 2022-03-17 22.56.25.png