FM Radio dropouts?

LazyT

Members
Dec 14, 2019
Hi,

I switched from Mi A2 Lite to Mi 9T Pro and have some trouble with the fm radio now: audio mutes sporadically for 2-5 seconds. Reception is good, no noise. It simply mutes to complete silence. Never had such problems with A2 Lite before (same bike route and headphones).

Any ideas what could be the reason for this?

I also tried to install the radio app from Lineage 17, but failed: it shows the gui but doesn't respond.

Anyone knows how to install the los (or any other) fm app? The "/system/framework/qcom.fmradio.jar" und "/system/lib64/libqcomfm_jni.so" are available, anything else needed?

Thanks!

Hi,

I switched from Mi A2 Lite to Mi 9T Pro and have some trouble with the fm radio now: audio mutes sporadically for 2-5 seconds. Reception is good, no noise. It simply mutes to complete silence. Never had such problems with A2 Lite before (same bike route and headphones).

Any ideas what could be the reason for this?

I also tried to install the radio app from Lineage 17, but failed: it shows the gui but doesn't respond.

Anyone knows how to install the los (or any other) fm app? The "/system/framework/qcom.fmradio.jar" und "/system/lib64/libqcomfm_jni.so" are available, anything else needed?

Thanks!
That happens to me too. FM Radio Spain

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

me too. FM Radio Italy. But is possible that with new year the issue is still present? It's really annoying to use the radio in this way. Why add radio HW if doesn't works well?

Hi Again,

I found the solution and it's a software fault in the fm radio app:

Under LineageOS radio app is a menu entry "alternative frequency". Disabling this option solves the problem! With this enabled the same problem occurs.

So I guess my favorite radio channel has an alternative frequency and the app switches between these 2 frequencies (rds function?) and mutes the signal during this time.

I've mailed Xiaomi about this. Maybe they can implement the same feature like Lineage...

Reactions: fermintm
Hi Again,

I found the solution and it's a software fault in the fm radio app:

Under LineageOS radio app is a menu entry "alternative frequency". Disabling this option solves the problem! With this enabled the same problem occurs.

So I guess my favorite radio channel has an alternative frequency and the app switches between these 2 frequencies (rds function?) and mutes the signal during this time.

I've mailed Xiaomi about this. Maybe they can implement the same feature like Lineage...
how did you manage to install the lineage app?