Forgot to unlock USB debugging before updating, now gpay doesn't work

Lempi

Members
Jul 18, 2021
Hello,

yesterday I updated my Mi 11 ultra to latest stable (13.0.10).
After the update I recognized that I forgot to enable USB debugging (it was closed by security app)
Now gpay won't work. It says "Smartphone does not meet security requirement"
I cleared the cache of the app but the message still appears. In my google account my phone appears as Mi 11 ultra. Before the update it was Pixel 2.

I repeat the update with USB debugging enabled but the problem still exists.

Is there a solution without installing new the whole OS? Or is this the only way, because I broke something?

Hello,

yesterday I updated my Mi 11 ultra to latest stable (13.0.10).
After the update I recognized that I forgot to enable USB debugging (it was closed by security app)
Now gpay won't work. It says "Smartphone does not meet security requirement"
I cleared the cache of the app but the message still appears. In my google account my phone appears as Mi 11 ultra. Before the update it was Pixel 2.

I repeat the update with USB debugging enabled but the problem still exists.

Is there a solution without installing new the whole OS? Or is this the only way, because I broke something?
It should not have anything to do with the USB switch. Is SafetyNet green/passed, is your device certified in PlayStore?

USB Debugging is responsible for ADB communication and not fastboot, both are different and if you want to mess with ADB then you need USB Debugging but for fastboot there's no need.

If you enter fastboot mode with "Power and Volume -" you dont need USB debugging.
But if you want to use "adb reboot bootloader" to enter fastboot mode, turn USB debugging on.

Thanks for replying and your help.

PlayStore is certified and safetynet test passes all.
The strange thing is, when I open gpay I get this notification. When I exit and stop the app and restart it, the notification won't pop up.
But after a few hours the notification comes back.

Today I wasn't in the supermarket, so I couldn't test if paying works.

Have you checked the wallet type is set to hce?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-05-18-30-53-516-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-05-18-30-53-516-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_2022-04-05-18-31-06-330-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-05-18-31-06-330-edit_com.android.settings.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 190