Fresh Start on EU Rom. anmy chance to keep or backup files and settings?

aytec

Members
May 23, 2021
Hello everybody....
i received my phone last week and had several hours of getting everything ready. I was on an Huawei Mate 30pro and it was a pain to get everything running on the new phone.
Now, when everthings up, i read about the EU.rom, currently the phone runs with global version (i am in Germany).
Is there a guide how i could backup and restore after the unlocking process? ( it is correct that the phones data will be deleted?)
And, i should not use TWRP?
Thanks in Advance for your help. :)

Hello everybody....
i received my phone last week and had several hours of getting everything ready. I was on an Huawei Mate 30pro and it was a pain to get everything running on the new phone.
Now, when everthings up, i read about the EU.rom, currently the phone runs with global version (i am in Germany).
Is there a guide how i could backup and restore after the unlocking process? ( it is correct that the phones data will be deleted?)
And, i should not use TWRP?
Thanks in Advance for your help. :)
Try to root your Huawei, Backup everything with Titanium Backup to an external Destination.

Use Google for contacts and such.

For data like pictures and files, use mi mover to copy, some apps will be moved too.

On new phone, install all of your missing apps accordingly, root it, install titanium, copy the backup from huawei to the phone and restore DATA only, this should bring back the most important stuff.

PS: yes you have to start fresh, but data can be moved beforehand, and app settings.. See above.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

dein Name klingt deutsch...:)
Ich hab das neue Telefon ja dummerweise jetzt soweit eingerichtet. Kann ich jetzt mit Titanium ein Backup machen, dann die ganze Prozedur mit unlocken und EU rom einspielen, und dann das Backup mit Titanium wiederherstellen?

dein Name klingt deutsch...:)
Ich hab das neue Telefon ja dummerweise jetzt soweit eingerichtet. Kann ich jetzt mit Titanium ein Backup machen, dann die ganze Prozedur mit unlocken und EU rom einspielen, und dann das Backup mit Titanium wiederherstellen?
Yes exactly, but only data can be restored, apps have to be installed manually.

It's not to hard in the end, I even keep my whole launcher Layout if I switch devices.

Just move the backup away from the phone as you have to format data.

We don't do german here...

Regards

We don't do german here......

sorry, didn´t know that.
OK, but for Titanium backup, rooting is a must if i understand that right? In the "how to guide" wasn´t an explanation about that, therefore, and without getting problems about warranty, i guess its better to start from scratch and without rooting,
i thought there could be a nice "beginner-friendly" solution to keep my data when first installing that rom. :)
Thank you anyway for your kind help. :)

We don't do german here......

sorry, didn´t know that.
OK, but for Titanium backup, rooting is a must if i understand that right? In the "how to guide" wasn´t an explanation about that, therefore, and without getting problems about warranty, i guess its better to start from scratch and without rooting,
i thought there could be a nice "beginner-friendly" solution to keep my data when first installing that rom. :)
Thank you anyway for your kind help. :)
Yes, but root doesn't need to persist, so once everything is set and settled, just don't root while installing next update or remove magisk again :)

Have fun!