From (very) old 2016 rom to latest

pieter123

Members
Sep 4, 2015
I got a me a Redmi note 4 MTK with a 2016 Miui 8.2 Rom (weekly HMNote4_6.11.3_v8-6.0). I want to update this to the latest Miui 10 Rom, so go from MIUI 8 to 10, where it will ends for me as the device is EOL.
What would be the best way too upgrade too either last stable or weekly?

Phone is rooted but I also saw a change from Supersu (on this phone) to Magisk from 8.3.22 onwards. Is this anything to take into account?

Thank you in advance,

Question was more how to get there: in 1 step to the latest available Rom or should I do it in steps (because it looks like some things have changed over time.
Furthermore are the last available weekly and stable identicial for this EOL device or is there a preference for one or the other.

Thanx

Last edited:
Android base 6.0 didn't change as far as I can see, but to be sure you should do a factory reset or even a format data, because now it is MIUI 10. Please remember to update your TWRP.
Last weekly you may find in thread 9.1.1/2/3. Last stable could be xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote4_V10.2.1.0.MBFCNXM_v10-6.0 from 2019-01-05, so weekly is newer. Better? I don't know, don't have your device. And supersu or magisk - I don't know, I don't root my phone.
Hope, this helps.