GBoard Voice Input not working

uvex2k

Members
Dec 9, 2019
I try to use the voice dictation mode in gboard but the phone doesnt get some voice :-(
When i click the mic in gboard it beeps and the text please speak is comming but when i sax something nothing is written :-( maybe someone can help me there....

Reactions: Tomasz EK
I try to use the voice dictation mode in gboard but the phone doesnt get some voice :-(
When i click the mic in gboard it beeps and the text please speak is comming but when i sax something nothing is written :-( maybe someone can help me there....
Found a solution, only deinstall Google App and after this install it new. that's it.

hello guys,
I am on Mi 9T running Android 10 and "voice to text" does not work on gboard
Its only gboard - all other apps work with the "voice to text" but friggin gboard just refuses to take the text no matter what
I do
Any idea how to fix this ? Going nuts :(

I have the same problem with MI 9T after update to Android 10 MIUI 11.
If I try write SMS by VOICE in gboard, looks like gboard don't listen the microphone :(

Last edited:
I have the same problem with MI 9T after update to Android 10 MIUI 11.
If I try write SMS by VOICE in gboard, looks like gboard don't listen the microphone :(
Same here, no matter what I do gboard simply does not work with "voice to text" since the Android 10 upgrade.
If I knew so many things would go bezerk with Android 10 I would have never upgraded :(
Real s**t.
Xiaomi should fix all these and release a patch, OTA update to fix all these errors :(

Same issue, have two mi 9t phones one on android 9 and one was updated to 10, 9 works fine, 10 voice input not working
Please fix!

GBoard Voice Input not working.
I try to use the voice dictation mode in gboard but the phone doesnt get some voice.
The problem occured in MI 9T after update to Android 10 MIUI 11, few days ago.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

GBoard Voice Input not working.
I try to use the voice dictation mode in gboard but the phone doesnt get some voice.
The problem occurs in MI 9T after update to Android 10 MIUI 11, few days ago.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

The solution is a tradeoff between "OK GOOGLE" and typing, in my case i've uninstalled Gboard and Google apps, installed gboard back (voice typing works), after this I've installed google app, and right after i've trained voice model for "OK GOOGLE" recognition voice typing in gboard stopped to work, after this i've deleted voice model from google app, and gboard voice typing started to work again...

It looks that constant listening for OK GOOGLE somehow suppresses gboard ability to use microphone, like exclusive privilege or so.

Reactions: Oli_Carlos
The solution is a tradeoff between "OK GOOGLE" and typing, in my case i've uninstalled Gboard and Google apps, installed gboard back (voice typing works), after this I've installed google app, and right after i've trained voice model for "OK GOOGLE" recognition voice typing in gboard stopped to work, after this i've deleted voice model from google app, and gboard voice typing started to work again...

It looks that constant listening for OK GOOGLE somehow suppresses gboard ability to use microphone, like exclusive privilege or so.

Thanks for your answer.
I solved the problem thanks to your tips.

I disabled the "ok google" funtionality, and the mic function in the Gboard is working ok now.
But it is clearly not the ideal solution. Has anyone found another way?

I can confirm the bug (mi 8 lite - miui global 11.0.1) and the solution: disabling voice model and Ok Google brings back voice to text functionality