Global Official Rom/downgrade/installing Xiaomi.eu Rom

mkrsstzmnn

Members
Oct 28, 2016
Hi,
i bought a redmi 3s prime on geekbuying

([Official International Version] XIAOMI Redmi 3S 5.0inch HD 4G LTE MIUI 7 Smartphone Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa Core 3GB 32GB 13.0MP Touch ID Fast Charge 4100mAh - Dark Gray)

I updated via OTA update from 7.5.9.0 (something like that) to miui 8.0.3.0 (malmidg) stable.
1) Is this the official global rom from xiaomi?

Since the battery life is very bad after the update, i wanted to downgrade to 7.5.9.0 from en.miui.com via update app on the phone.
I always get the error message: Couldn't verify update package
2) Is there a solution to downgrade easily?

If the xiaomi.eu rom has better battery life than the currrent rom i have installed i would prefer installing the xiaomi.eu rom, but i'm a noob in this section.
3) Do i need to unlock the bootloader for installing the xiaomi.eu rom on my phone if im currently running on miui 8.0.3.0 (malmidg) stable?

4) Can i install the current stable xiaomi.eu rom via update app on the phone?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mrksstzmnn

Reactions: x2tharay
1.yes it is
2.nope ,(downgrade or upgrade is not complicated or hard at all, you can flash any official rom ower any rom using fastboot and MiFlashBeta tool)
3.yes (unlock->install TWRP(do backup)->install any xiaomi.eu hm3s rom)
4.nope

5.eu rom's are more battery efficient

Thanks for your reply!!
the downgrading with update app doesnt work... i get the error message couldnt verify update package.

Do i need an unlocked bootloader if i downgrade to 7.5.9.0 global with mi flash?
can i downgrade with fastboot rom via update app without bootloader unlock?

1. No you don't have to unlock your bootloader to flash any rom with MiFlah (I flashed like 20 times using MiFlashBeta tool while my phone was locked,any official rom ower any rom dasen't mather)
2. updater app only updates , fastboot rom's are used with MiFlash only!

Reactions: mkrsstzmnn
ok strange, i downloaded a fastboot rom (land_images_V8.0.10.0.MALCNDG) i tried to flash it via miflash, but the flashing was running for more then 30min and didnt finish.
i closed the miflash.exe and boot my phone... still everything the same on my phone and miui 8.0.3.0 running...

be carefull. the MALCNDG is the chinese version. if you flash that version you will havec only english and chinese. Best you flash the malmidg version in you want multilanguage

i know, but they say it should be better in performance and battery... but still no chance for me to flash my lockes REDMI 3s with miflash... bar is compleatly green but no success notification and time elapsing still increasing.

After closing miflsah and booting phone, nothing happend.. still on 8.0.3.0 without any changes and data loss.

I dont know what im doing wrong