Global Official ROM?

KamakuTiu

Members
Sep 30, 2018
Hello community,

I'm just back from a business trip in China and bought a Mi Pad 4 Plus, I read in a lot of posts that a Global Rom is now available but when I check for updates there is no updates available. I'm also reading some pots about flashing your device, bootloader, unlocking etc..... Is there any simple way to actually have a global EU rom without going through all that pain? same as I have with my MI MIX 2 which recently updated to MIUI10 as a normal update

Thanks in advance

Felip

So, I only registered, because these questions are so DAMN annoying.

There is and there will NEVER be a GLOBAL ROM according to Xiaomi (maybe in a future, which no one knows. But currently there are no plans for it)
All "GLOBAL ROMS" which were posted, are FAKE ROMs from distributors (and it is always cleared up in such threads, that it is FAKE) - NEVER use such fake ROMS.
Positive side for fake ROMS: Your bootloader is already unlocked! You need an unlocked bootloader to install xiaomi.eu ROM -> if you unlock it yourselve, you have to wait 720hours (30 days!)

The only translated thing, which exists, is the xiaomi.EU ROM (and some country based communities like miui.it for Italy or portal.mi-room.ru for russia, etc).

Xiaomi.eu ROM is based on CHINESE ROM, but has many translations AND google-playstore support.

The Xiaomi.eu ROM is what most people want (translated ROM with PlayStore).

Reactions: Jordi Vila
Hi @thE_29 ,
First of all thank you for the clarification now I know were I now stand.

Second of all "Chill out" , there is no need for patronizing any member here with your lack of enthusiasm. I'm really sorry you went through the enormous pain of registering only to answer a member who clearly doesn't have the knowledge an expert like you would expect.

Now all is clear and you may unregistered from this annoying forum, full of annoying members, who mostly ask annoying questions

Best regards and thanks again

I am annoyed by lazy people who cannot read or understand or just dont want to. In EVERY "global rom Thread" which you find via google, people pointed out, THIS IS A FAKE ROM. But then again, you have to read such threads and not only the title of it..

Reactions: Jeder
There is no pain, you just have to follow a good tutorial, and your Mipad 4 plus will be in Miui 10, in your language, with google and with OTA!
The only bad new is that you'll have to wait a mounth to unlock your bootloader

Thanks @Gus , I sent my request 2 weeks ago so I have 2 weeks to go. Do you know were I can find a good tutorial knowing I have never done a procedure like that? something on the lines of bootloader for dummies LOL?

You're welcome! Please feel free to answer me all your doubts, I'll try to guide you

Enviado desde mi MI PAD 4 PLUS mediante Tapatalk

Global rom is not as important as releasing kernel sources. As Xiaomi promised, it should be released 3 months after releasing pad 4 on the market. We have 6 months from this moment and no kernel. If we will have no kernel sources, the custom roms will not be created.
The value of xiaomi.eu is much more valuable .