Gmail And Mail Request A Pin For Mobile

cienfu

Members
Oct 16, 2014
Hello,

I add an exchange account, try with Mail app and with Gmail app, but always ask me for create a PIN for unlock the phone. How can I avoid this? I don't want to put a PIN.

Thanks.

Hi cienfu,
I was going to ask you to explain a little better and I don't really know much on the subject, but performing a Google search I found some results that may interest you:

h**p://androidforums.com/threads/using-exchange-email-and-mandatory-pin-lock.673164/
h**p://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/264479-disable-pin-lock-exchange-policy.html

Please see if this is your case.

I also found email apps that circunvente this safety feature, but disencourage you to do so.

Hope it helps.

The second link is my problem:

I have to put a pin lock for mobile enforced by exchange when i add the account. I don't want to set a pin lock but if i dont i cannot add the exchange account. So i want to use my exchange email in my phone but i dont want to set up a pin or pattern lock.

This may be a solution:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/29015-app-mod-exchange-security-bypass-no-pinno-admin-android-41-v60/

but i don't know if it works with Mail app on MIUI, you have to replace your mail.apk with the one you download there.

Last edited: