"Gobal-stock" Version System Launcher - Search ?

steve1712

Members
Dec 5, 2010
Hi there,
got the global (stock europe) version of the mi11 ultra and just found out that its some kind of xiaomi launcher with google services... i know the xiaomi launcher and "swipe up" search from my xiaomi.eu rom completlely different... i can search local apps and contacts there...

on the "google" (quick search box) swipe up, its just searching in google "live" what ah mess!? i can't lookup if the app is installed or where on the screen, also its just not displaying contacts on the phone..

any way to change this? i allready found out its part of the launcher, only found a option to turn the search off...

i also tried another launcher (Microsoft Launcher), what i would just use if there wouldn't be the next issue than, that xiaomi fullscreen gestures doesn't work anymore assoon the launcher is set as default launcher, WTF?!

i hadn't intended to unlock the device (and flash xiaomi.eu) , as i just found one or two apps that just won't work when bootloader is unlocked.... but thats so annoying
i've applied for unlock allready now, but still need to wait now the 168h ‍♂️

What apps are you worried about or why really? If you're going to flash EU, then unlock and flash straight away and you won't need to worry. The unlock doesn't happen until the 168 hours is up, so you shouldn't need to use it unlocked if you flash straight away.
EU ROM shows bootloader unlocked but it works as if it is locked so all your apps should still work as you are not rooting it.

Reactions: Poney70
There is the mc Donald's app, they check very strictly all security things .. there where ah hack once in there coupon System where some guys ate free ah long time after that they got all in to not happen this again... I could life without that ..

But more recently my country added an app service for community things , like travel pass etc... And they also very strictly check if bootloader is unlocked... I tried everything on my mix2s xiaomi.eu ROM... Hiding with magisk etc... But magisk can't hide BLunlock anymore ...

McDonald's app works fine as does the my McDonald's app. Just tried them both on my EU weekly version. The current EU ROM has both DRM widevine L1 and a full safetynet pass. I know some apps (including BDO banking app) check for a folder just named twrp but the system doesn't need it and once deleted, the apps install. Is the other app you mention available to download and test?

gotta removed the google "search" (pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox)
then the miui quick search pops up.... but thats still not what the xiaomi.eu pullup search looks like... indeed its some search from xiaomi.. but only with some chinese search engines in it... :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-03-22-59-50-691_com.android.quicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-03-22-59-50-691_com.android.quicksearchbox.jpg
    921.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_2021-08-03-22-59-32-424_com.android.quicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-03-22-59-32-424_com.android.quicksearchbox.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 199

Installation is fine but as soon as you try to login with "phone signature" it fails with the bootloader unlocked detection error ...

There are also many play store comments about this...
I tried to register but as an English speaker, I doubt if I could but here in the UK, SkyGo is the most restricted program and can not be hidden by Magisk or any other hiding app (afaik). But the weekly EU ROM does not affect it, it works a charm, it does not detect an unlocked bootloader but it did with Global and Stock Chinese.