Good For Enterprise Identifies Xiaomi.eu Stable Rom As Rooted

Notsimplepotato

Members
Apr 5, 2016
Hello all!

I have got a problem with xiaomi.eu stable rom for Mi4c (7.2.4.0).

I use an app for my corporate electronic platform , Good for Enterprise. It detects if my device is rooted and blocks my account. Previously I used 7.2.3.0 stable version of xiaomi.eu rom and everething was ok. After an update to 7.2.4.0 stable version, Good for Enterprise (GFE) detected root on my Mi4c. I have re-installed GFE but its does not hepl. Downgrade to 7.2.3.0 stable version did not hep either. GFE detects root on my device. Clearing cashe and davlik did not help.

Could anyone explain me what I have to do to prevent detection of root on a stable rom which is installed on my device? Many thanks in advance!

Yes, I've resolved this issue.

The problem was in a new version of TWRP. A new stable rom updated TWRP and Good For Enterprise detects this updated TWRP as rooted device. So, I made full wipe, installed an old version of TWRP and updated with a stable rom without this new TWRP (7.1.4.0).

I've installed the latest stable version (7.3.2 aqua) on my Mi4S, bootloader unlocked, no root! Why do I get a failure message from Good for Enterprise? Can anyone confirm that it's really just the TWRP? If so, how can I downgrade the TWRP without flashing the whole ROM?
Are there any other options to modify GFE that there will be no root check? I really could freak out!

Yes, I've resolved this issue.

The problem was in a new version of TWRP. A new stable rom updated TWRP and Good For Enterprise detects this updated TWRP as rooted device. So, I made full wipe, installed an old version of TWRP and updated with a stable rom without this new TWRP (7.1.4.0).

Sounds great! What version of TWRP did you install, to make this work?

somebody else try downgrade twrp with success?

I have flashed twrp 2.8.7. (from xda developers) from twrp 3.0.2. and then make full wipe and install miui 7.5.0.1. Good for Enterprise still do not work and detect the device (redmi note 2) as rooted... I don't know whats wrong.

Hi everyone! Sorry for my late answer, I do not use this forum very often.

I downgraded TWRP to version 2.8.7.0 and flashed ROM 7.1.4.0. Newer version of ROM contain an updated TWRP which flashes automatically with the installation of the ROM. Updated version of TWRP will be immediately detected by the Good app.
So I am still on ROM 7.1.4.0 and Good for Enterprise works well.

Reactions: tomvdpoel
I have a xiaomi mi max. Can i use the old twrp on this device and flash the newest rom (miui 8) or is this not possible? I do really need Good for Enterprise working.

Also, do the new TWRP versions still have the problem where it is detected as root?