Invalid Google Family Link for kids can not be activated on MIUI 11.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef716

Members
Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

I'm trying to set the phone of my child (MI8 - MIUI Global 11.0.5.0 QEAMIXM) under parental control by Google Family Link.

But at the end of the installation procedure it always jumps to the beginning without any error message and the phone is not set to parental control.
I did this 50 times now in all kind of combinations. In detail:
- activating Family link on this device
- select the google account of my kid
- link the device with the 9 character pin generated from parent device
- entering kids password
- select the parents Google account
- lots of info about parental control
- finally accept parental control on device
---> Now trowing back to the beginning of the installation

I had an endless conversation with the Google App support but it's not any of the typical issues like:
- Kids and parents Play Store account are not in same country
- Kids account is not younger than 14 years
- Creating a complete new 10 years old Google children account
- Factory resetting the phone
- Using the miui setup wizard under digital wellbeing (with and without installing the app beforehand)
- Removing all Google accounts from the phone / Manually adding the kids accounts

Family link app is the latest from Play Store: flh.release.1.36.0.R.319059792

Do you know how to get an error message to analyze the issue?
The same Google account on a old Android 6 Samsung device is working properly. So I guess it some permission or MIUI specific issue.

thanks
Stefan

Hi,

I'm trying to set the phone of my child (MI8 - MIUI Global 11.0.5.0 QEAMIXM) under parental control by Google Family Link. …
You are not using this custom ROM? Then it's definitely NOT a bug here. Please report it in official Mi forum.

I can confirm that the issue with Family Link activation is fixed by MIUI global Rom v12.0.1.0.QEAMIXM

Status
Not open for further replies.