Google Pay not working anymore

I also deleted the cache of Google Play services and reinstalled Google Pay app and not it works! I have magisk installed too with no problems, just make sure google pay is hidden in magisk if you have problems.

stopped working again after shopping in germany at "aldi"... second time it is like this. Works in a few shops, but after trying to pay at "aldi" it stops working and now i can not re-add the paypal account in gpay ap and also not via paypal app :(

Could add PayPal again by deleting the folder a few days ago.
Today I wanted to pay in a "Lidl" store (in Germany) and got an error, that the payment in the store is not working.

Unfortunately none of the proposed fix is a permanent solution.
I tried all:
- cleared data (Google Pay + Google Play + Google Play Services);
- removed folder via twrp (data/data/com.google.android.gms).
I have installed even old Google Pay applications from apkmirror site.
But after 2 or 3 in store payments the Google Pay refuse to work due to unlocked bootloader or rooted phone.
Mine phone is obviously unlocked, because i use xiaomi.eu rom, but it is not rooted.
I have loaded a Revolut debit card into Google Pay.
I followed this topic since February and I know is not a firmware issue, but is frustrating and a permanent solution is needed for all of us.

hi, i would recomend to everyone here to contact google on this issue.
I did so, and a very nice support member recognised that it maybee an issue that can be forwarded to the development team.
Google has also the Play Protect Cetificate for Playstore where you can ad your device when have lineageOS or somethink.
I think they can built somethink like this for Gpay, where you can add a device that is certificated.

Changed to magisk 19, put Update path to beta and put gpay and com.google.android.gms to the hide list. But no luck. Can not re-add PayPal account for contactless payment.

Waiting for a solution from Google or magisk. Don't think the Rom devs can do anything

Reactions: grandman
The other day I got it to work after reinstalling Gpay and deleting Play Services cache but now it's not working anymore. I repeated the same steps that fixed it the other day but it won't work again.

How can we send feedback to Google about this? I've been looking for a feedback or support website for Android but couldn't find any

The other day I got it to work after reinstalling Gpay and deleting Play Services cache but now it's not working anymore. I repeated the same steps that fixed it the other day but it won't work again.

How can we send feedback to Google about this? I've been looking for a feedback or support website for Android but couldn't find any
Already contacted Google directly and they said they couldn't do anything, up to the xiaomi.eu team

You can Chat over the App or online under Feedback

Gesendet von meinem MIX 3 mit Tapatalk

You can Chat over the App or online under Feedback

Thanks, I went to the Google Play app and sent some feedback from there.

Already contacted Google directly and they said they couldn't do anything, up to the xiaomi.eu team
It's likely that whoever responded to you in support can't fix the problem but maybe if they get enough feedback reports on this issue, the devs will pay attention to it and it could get fixed?

Same here. one day GPay stop working after few payments.
I was tried to make it work by this:
works for me:
  1. disable google backup in settings
  2. delete google pay
  3. clear data of Google Play Services
  4. delete /data/data/com.google.android.gms folder in the TWRP
but no luck.

On the next day i was try it again and it works =)

Same here. one day GPay stop working after few payments.
I was tried to make it work by this:

but no luck.

On the next day i was try it again and it works =)
But almost every Google Setting is delete afterwards. Sync, fit

Today could pay with PayPal in lidl Germany. Will Monitor it

I found out that GPay (which works well here in general) sometimes seems to fail without apparent reason for single specific payments while it works before and afterwards.

One common thing I noticed (mostly because I saw it with another customer with a totally different phone - Samsung, I think) is that payments where you simultaneously draw money seem to always fail - this is in germany for shops that support this.
I tried the last time at "Marktkauf" and a payment together with an withdrawal of money failed while immediately afterwards the payment for just my shopping was accepted. Maybe has something to do with fees or something..

Last edited:
I updated services to 16.7.53 and Gpay not working. deleting GMS folder didnt help anymore. (on 16.0.89 works OK)
Bravo Google

Ok First Payment today Was successful. Secont failed at Bürger King