Resolved google play crash on 2.4.6

ovius

Members
Mar 9, 2012
Hello,
I have a problem. When I download an app using my account on google play using my pc, the app crashes. I'm using miui 2.4.6 on motorola defy. I installed this miui today. After I routed the phone, I installed 2nd init and recovery app and I have chosen install from zip. ( I have, also formated the phone). Does anybody knows about this bug? I think and I hope that the next version of miui will solve this bug.

I am unable to open the Play Store at all after restoring apps via Titanium Backup. Reinstalled the rom and made sure to not restore any Play Store backup. No difference.

I am unable to open the Play Store at all after restoring apps via Titanium Backup. Reinstalled the rom and made sure to not restore any Play Store backup. No difference.

Cleared Market Cache?

Hold HOME -> App Manager -> Find Market -> "Clear Cache" -> Re-open Market.

I just installed MIUI v4 2.7.6 on my Nexus One, 'upgraded' to the Play Store, managed to find and install Google Chrome, but right after that, every time I open Play Store, it crashes. I cleared data, cache, rebooted etc., but it still crashes.

Also, if I hold down HOME, I don't get any 'App Manager' option. Is this referring to the default Android app manager (Settings -> Apps)? Well, even clearing the cache there doesn't help.

Update: From the app manager, I uninstalled updates and went back to the stock Play Store. This seems to have worked and the Play Store *is* working. Installing WhatsApp...

Update: Play Store installed the app, but it's crashing again. Looks like I'll have to uninstall Play Store and start afresh every time I want to install an app. :-|

^
Thats very strange and I've never seen that before. Whats the FC error (logcat) of the error when opening?

^
Thats very strange and I've never seen that before. Whats the FC error (logcat) of the error when opening?

I haven't checked, but this is now happening with the Google+ app as well, which leads me to believe that there's something in the new, updated Google apps that's causing this.