Google Play system can't update

guto8797

Members
Jul 23, 2021
Hello Everyone!

I have a Redmi 9s, running on the latest V12.0.2 ROM.

The update I have for the Google Play system (within the security menu) is dated from 1st September 2020. Whenever I try to update it, the phone reboots, works for a while with the updated Google Play system, dated 1st June 2021, but quickly reboots and returns to the previous version.

Any workarounds?

Reactions: zidu01 and Aselja
Hello Everyone!

I have a Redmi 9s, running on the latest V12.0.2 ROM.

The update I have for the Google Play system (within the security menu) is dated from 1st September 2020. Whenever I try to update it, the phone reboots, works for a while with the updated Google Play system, dated 1st June 2021, but quickly reboots and returns to the previous version.

Any workarounds?
That's why you should NOT touch system file and application .It is set in order to give you a good ROM release.
Just Wait for next release it will be updated accordingly.

Reactions: Austrofred
That's why you should NOT touch system file and application .It is set in order to give you a good ROM release.

Is the version of the 1st of September 2020 the one associated with V12.0.2 then? I have just yesterday updated from V12.0.1 and the Google Play System remained un-altered. If this is the intended behavior, all the better.

Just my two cents, this update is pushed automatically by google and applied after next manual reboot. There is no possibility to prevent it. Since Android 11 my 9S always boots twice :-(

Last edited:
I'm in Redmi Note 9PRO (joyeuse) whith 12.04 version. I have the same problem. It's a problem in the Google certification. If you go to the playstore in settings/information you can see that the phone isn't certificate. I get that issue since i unloked my bootloader, before to install Xiaomi.eu

I'm in Redmi Note 9PRO (joyeuse) whith 12.04 version. I have the same problem. It's a problem in the Google certification. If you go to the playstore in settings/information you can see that the phone isn't certificate. I get that issue since i unloked my bootloader, before to install Xiaomi.eu
It's not related to the Google certification. It's a Xiaomi.eu ROM issue when ROM is based on a "Global" Android 11 ROM. ;)

No solution found for now...

Reactions: Austrofred
It's not related to the Google certification. It's a Xiaomi.eu ROM issue when ROM is based on a "Global" Android 11 ROM. ;)

No solution found for now...
The problem in google play and the problems in the rom are different, but there are closures and extreme aggravation in the rom, the phone turns itself off.

It's not related to the Google certification. It's a Xiaomi.eu ROM issue when ROM is based on a "Global" Android 11 ROM.
Don't think that's completely correct.

OnePlus and Samsung users have also reported the same problem but their fix is to manually install the update.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it has helped.

Don't think that's completely correct.

OnePlus and Samsung users have also reported the same problem but their fix is to manually install the update.

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it has helped.
Installating this apk will only change the date of the Google Security patch, it will not install any security updates. ;)

Installating this apk will only change the date of the Google Security patch, it will not install any security updates. ;)
Yeah I recall you were looking into it a while back.

Thing is though,.I still tried it and it seemed to trigger additional updates. The first couple still caused the device to rollback but I no longer have that issue.

Edit:
Only just lost playstore certification so installed your Magisk module which did the trick.

On reboot though, I'm back to the same old problem of rollbacks on reboot.
I'm not suggesting it's due to the Magisk module but clarifying that the issue is NOT resolved with the manual installation of the main components apk.
Dammit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Poney70
Do you know if the next update will correct this problem? For me it is very important to have the latest updates from Google. My phone still receives them natively as it is relatively new. If I switched to Xiaomi.eu, it was for two main reasons:
1st Because it comes very light from extra applications
2nd Because it has dialer and other Xiaomi app
They are the only reasons that for me have an advantage when installing Xiaomi.eu, honestly.
Regarding fluidity, I must say, constructively of course, that it is not more fluid than stock rom, I would even say less ...
As you can see, it does not give enough to stay here and that deep down, it is good and stable. I'm sorry to say that I will look for another way to have native Miui apps but in the stock rom (I don't know if that will be possible ...) if this error persists, regardless of whether it is from Google or Xiaomi.eu.
Excuse my English, I use google translate for something so long. Greetings.

Reactions: AdemOyuklu
Thanks!! Any method to be able to change the Google app for the native Xiaomi ones? What if I flash the Indonesian rom while in Europe? Would the cell phone work well? Thanks.