Google Voice Match Doesn't Work

matejko943777

Members
Apr 26, 2017
Ok, I have the latest Framework, Rom, Google. It worked now for over year. The day I put the EU ROM in it worked. Now suddenly it asks me to change voice input to Google... There isn't an option like that. Soooooo any idea what could be wrong. Please, I don't want to factory reset it just for that and would love to repair it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Settings/Installed apps/3 dots/Default apps/Assist & voice input/Assist app

Choose "none" as assist app, and the voice input choice appears, but the "Google" choice is faded out.

If you choose "Google" as assist app, the voice input choice disappears again.

I've never used this, was just playing around.

Seems like they missed something in the settings?

So you were right. The setting disappeared after choosing Google.

And now it's working, to fix it, I changed it to none, went to Google turned on voice match and then said Ok Google it asked me to set Google as assistant app. And it stayed on.

I wrote it many times and I still will. Why is it so hard to make ROM that has whole Google apps in it. I like MiUi it's just that I won't use their storage and others, because it's in China. One example that comes around, is that I can't unlock phone with Google, I think it's called smart unlock.

I will still use Xiaomi but I really don't understand this part of it.

So you were right. The setting disappeared after choosing Google.

And now it's working, to fix it, I changed it to none, went to Google turned on voice match and then said Ok Google it asked me to set Google as assistant app. And it stayed on.

I wrote it many times and I still will. Why is it so hard to make ROM that has whole Google apps in it. I like MiUi it's just that I won't use their storage and others, because it's in China. One example that comes around, is that I can't unlock phone with Google, I think it's called smart unlock.

I will still use Xiaomi but I really don't understand this part of it.

Complicated settings, they can become too convoluted and even selfreferencing, which may be what happened here.

Smart unlock with Google I'm not sure about, think I read somewhere that it can work.