Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, but tell me, are the firmwares currently available on the website stable, are they fixed? Can I have time to download the firmware today on Xiaomi 13 Ultra for 10/11/23, is there a fix there? Thank you for your reply!
Tomorrow.

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.
So you will post play integrity fix to flash with magisk tomorrow ? Because on stable for now there is no fix which could work with root.

First of all, I'm really happy to be using this rom and I hope to be able to keep using it.
I updated the rom last week and it Gwallet worked fine so far. Today it failed again.

As far as I understand, the next fix will not be publish in short term in the stable (honestly this makes the rom not very recomendable, as by doing this people is forced to use a beta or root), anyway...

I my case I have my phone rooted, with magisk.
Is there anyone with the magisk module working on xiaomi.eu rom?
If so, can you post the link to xda or module GitHub or so?
Thank you.

Reactions: Gralfitox
Ok I think now I understand the procedure.

1st Starting from tomorrow all Betas will include fix.
2nd starting from tomorrow they will upload the last time all stables (with removed already used fix) and this will let us use with Magisk other fixes, like the one from chiteroman.

So the downgrade is that for stable you have to always use root to get your payments work. For me is not an issue but a lot of people will not be very pleased..

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.
I imagine the same rules will apply to HyperOS xiaomi.eu when released? the first stable not having the fix and the beta including with each update?

Ok I think now I understand the procedure.

1st Starting from tomorrow all Betas will include fix.
2nd starting from tomorrow they will upload the last time all stables (with removed already used fix) and this will let us use with Magisk other fixes, like the one from chiteroman.

So the downgrade is that for stable you have to always use root to get your payments work. For me is not an issue but a lot of people will not be very pleased..
Thanks for clarification.
Now it's clear.

Starting from tomorrow:

I love this solution. Let my as a user worry about the problems and let me fix them. And not block me from using the general solutions found online ;p But as for now I am not using root/Magisk will you as a xiaomi.eu team provide some kind of tutorial to how to install it or maybe link a trusted one? Im kinda lost if the device type matters like for TWRP, will my data will erased etc. when installing the Magisk. BTW. great work you are doing out there ;p

Reactions: Doug2uk
Starting from tomorrow:

Sorry, I do not understand at all. Can you please explain this for "Dummies"? I guess, I won't be the only one here.
- Does this mean: Install a beta ROM instead of a stable and everything is fine and Google Wallet will work again?
- Or does this mean: If you want to use Google Wallet again, then you MUST root your phone, install Magisk and Play integrity stuff together with a stable ROM?

Please explain.

Is there a way to include the fix while still letting users to "fix" it themselves in case Google breaks it again? I think it works on EvoX and Derpfest that way.
Would it even make sense to spend (a lot of) time developing such a modular solution for the stable ROMs that are released every few months, when Google can break the workaround in a matter of days ?

Hey devs, i'd like to ask you, how long are you going to fight with your business team (google ) if I were you i'd like to find a new job. Its kind serious and kind of joke. But users here are like people from tickets in jira in my job. @Igor Eisberg
Hey @Igor Eisberg could you write me dm? I wanna ask you smth

• Haha
Reactions: kearmau5
- Does this mean: Install a beta ROM instead of a stable and everything is fine and Google Wallet will work again?
If you're using a Beta ROM (newest one coming today, or newer), it will work just fine. If you're using a Stable, then the latest reupload that will come in few days will remove existing fix for Play Integrity (which in fact didn't work since yesterday...), allowing you to flash Magisk and relevant module with fix.

allow us to rebuild the rom and pick the patches we want to include ourselves.
Yes, keep dreaming. Want me to ZIP you the whole buildbot too?

Is there a way to include the fix while still letting users to "fix" it themselves in case Google breaks it again? I think it works on EvoX and Derpfest that way.
No, that would be a waste of time to begin with.

Hey devs, i'd like to ask you, how long are you going to fight with your business team (google ) if I were you i'd like to find a new job. Its kind serious and kind of joke. But users here are like people from tickets in jira in my job. @Igor Eisberg
Hey @Igor Eisberg could you write me dm? I wanna ask you smth
If it were me to decide, I wouldn't even begin this fight, because it's really none of our business, people can go complain to Google for solutions.

If you're using a Beta ROM (newest one coming today, or newer), it will work just fine. If you're using a Stable, then the latest reupload that will come in few days will remove existing fix for Play Integrity (which in fact didn't work since yesterday...), allowing you to flash Magisk and relevant module with fix.
Will last Fuxi weekly version have the fix as well?

If you're using a Beta ROM (newest one, coming today or newer), it will work just fine. If you're using a Stable, then the latest reupload that will come in few days will remove existing fix for Play Integrity (which in fact didn't work since yesterday...), allowing you to flash Magisk and relevant module with fix.
Ok, thank you :)

This means, that we have TWO alternatives:
1. Use a beta ROM. Then Google Wallet will work.
2. Use a stable ROM. This makes it necessary to root the phone and to install Magisk/Play Integrity fix module for Google Wallet to work.

Correct?

Unfortunately this raises another question ;)
Can a beta ROM be installed as simple as new version of a stable ROM?

Reactions: juddal and Blaza
This means, that we have TWO alternatives:
1. Use a beta ROM. Then Google Wallet will work.
2. Use a stable ROM. This makes it necessary to root the phone and to install Magisk/Play Integrity fix module for Google Wallet to work.

Correct?
Yes, correct.
Unfortunately this raises another question ;)
Can a beta ROM be installed as simple as new version of a stable ROM?
Procedure is same, but it's recommended to wipe data while switching between Beta and Stable and vice versa.

Would it even make sense to spend (a lot of) time developing such a modular solution for the stable ROMs that are released every few months, when Google can break the workaround in a matter of days ?
There's no need to "develop" it, as it has been working that way in the legacy (pre miui 14) builds.

Yes, keep dreaming. Want me to ZIP you the whole buildbot too?

No, that would be a waste of time to begin with.

If it were me to decide, I wouldn't even begin this fight, because it's really none of our business, people can go complain to Google for solutions.
No one from clients/business is starting wars with devs - of course, in their minds."

I would like to ask you about your branch management and CI/CD.
May we chat for 1-2 min in DMs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smaritz
Status
Not open for further replies.