Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same issue here with 12S Ultra.

Fixed by disabling developer options.

Give that a try.
You mean that got PlayIntegrityFix v12 working on your 12SUltra by disabling developer options?

Last edited:
You want thiss???
Screenshot_2023-11-09-19-18-34-549_rikka.safetynetchecker.jpgScreenshot_2023-11-09-19-19-36-130_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
Do this
Screenshot_2023-11-09-19-30-02-169_com.android.settings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware, you are suggesting custom ROM users to lock their bootloader, some people can take it literally
Good news.
What's wrong with Lock bootloader anyways ?
if that's the only one way to work it out right?
Locking bootloader is like rip bro hahaha

Good news.
Not before flashing a stock ROM. If you lock the bootloader while on a custom ROM - you'll brick your device.

Reactions: Karol Fa
Good news.
You can have a custom rom and root with locked bootloader passing Strong but only in few devices which avb_custom_key partition is working.

Reactions: zellot06
You can stop flooding the thread. We get it. Google messes with Play Integrity again. We're not hackers and this is not even technically a bug.
Is anyone from Xiaomi.eu working on this? Can this even be fixed by Xiaomi.eu devs or something must be fixed by Xiaomi in the chinese ROM first? Any idea when can we expect a fix for this?

Is anyone from Xiaomi.eu working on this? Can this even be fixed by Xiaomi.eu devs or something must be fixed by Xiaomi in the chinese ROM first? Any idea when can we expect a fix for this?
What in "this is not even technically a bug" was unclear?
It has nothing to do with China ROM, it has to do with your unlocked bootloader.
I'm not giving any ETAs.

What in "this is not even technically a bug" was unclear?
It has nothing to do with China ROM, it has to do with your unlocked bootloader.
I'm not giving any ETAs.
I understand it's not a bug, but the last time when GPay stopped working a few years ago you guys managed to find a solution (a "fix") for this. Back then it was also not a bug. I'm just asking if anyone is trying to find a solution for this again. I guess if it was possible the last time - it may be possible this time again.

I will forever thank the Devs for the work they do for us users. However, I don't agree that it's not a system bug and that we should complain to Google. As a feature of your ROM it is precisely written that there is support for Google Pay certification. So it would be right to say: 1) we will try to solve the situation 2) we can't do anything and therefore we won't solve this problem. but saying that we have to complain to Google is absolutely not right.Until today we all had the bootloader unlocked and yet everything worked perfectly. Google pay, mobile banking, etc.

I understand it's not a bug, but the last time when GPay stopped working a few years ago you guys managed to find a solution (a "fix") for this. Back then it was also not a bug. I'm just asking if anyone is trying to find a solution for this again. I guess if it was possible the last time - it may be possible this time again.
It certainly is possible to fix as there is already a working Magisk module (doesn't work for Xiaomi.eu unfortunately) so Xiaomi.eu devs have to have a look at the source code of that module and "build it into" Xiaomi.eu ROM. I believe developers of at least one other ROM have done it.

Reactions: ekzeshka
It certainly is possible to fix as there is already a working Magisk module (doesn't work for Xiaomi.eu unfortunately) so Xiaomi.eu devs have to have a look at the source code of that module and "build it into" Xiaomi.eu ROM. I believe developers of at least one other ROM have done it.
The thing is that I've read somewhere that Xiaomi.eu have buit the previous GPay-fooling-fix / Google Play certificate passing code somewhere else, deeper in the OS and I understoos the fix that someone invented and prepared for the other custom ROM cannot be used in Xiaomi.eu. But my point is if any dev is trying to find a solution, whcih is inbuilt in the Xiaomi.eu ROM or they simply say - game over and from now on it will be incompatible with Google Apps/uncertified. I don't know what am I supposed to do? Wait for some future XIaomi.eu ROM or leave it, flash the original chinese ROM and lock bootloader + flasg Google Apps and this way have the certified Google Play and GPay... I'm lost and I hate this uncertainity and lack of clear statement what can we, users count on.

Reactions: ekzeshka and Guulx
The thing is that I've read somewhere that Xiaomi.eu have buit the previous GPay-fooling-fix / Google Play certificate passing code somewhere else, deeper in the OS and I understoos the fix that someone invented and prepared for the other custom ROM cannot be used in Xiaomi.eu. But my point is if any dev is trying to find a solution, whcih is inbuilt in the Xiaomi.eu ROM or they simply say - game over and from now on it will be incompatible with Google Apps/uncertified. I don't know what am I supposed to do? Wait for some future XIaomi.eu ROM or leave it, flash the original chinese ROM and lock bootloader + flasg Google Apps and this way have the certified Google Play and GPay... I'm lost and I hate this uncertainity and lack of clear statement what can we, users count on.
You are right, only Xiaomi.EU devs can fix it and it would be great to know their stance on the situation. Rooting will not help because as you already pointed out the previous inbuilt fix breaking the new Magisk module. I have a backup iPhone where I can use Apple Pay but I am already mentally preparing for a switch to stock Global ROM + locking bootloader.

There was a wallet update a few minutes ago.
I opened the wallet, the error message is no longer visible, the problem may have been solved.
(I haven't tested with payment yet)
update: this is not valid, the problem still exsist.

Last edited:
you can download integrity checker from Play Store. If you only have 1 out of 3 (only Meets_Basic_Integrity), then payment will not work.

Same issue here with 12S Ultra.

Fixed by disabling developer options.

GPay wallet is working now.

Give that a try.
This only removed the warning from the Google Wallet app. Payments themself still don't work.

However, I don't agree that it's not a system bug and that we should complain to Google. As a feature of your ROM it is precisely written that there is support for Google Pay certification. So it would be right to say: 1) we will try to solve the situation 2) we can't do anything and therefore we won't solve this problem. but saying that we have to complain to Google is absolutely not right.Until today we all had the bootloader unlocked and yet everything worked perfectly. Google pay, mobile banking, etc.
It's not a system bug, regardless of whether you agree or disagree. Since when not bypassing a remote security measure successfully is a bug?
Just because "it is precisely written that there is support for Google Pay certification" doesn't make it a gaurantee, simply because we don't have any control over Google's attestation servers.
And yes, you should complain directly to the problem maker, not delegate the complaints to those who are not responsible for this mess.
In fact, we already "solved" the "issue" again on our side, until Google patches it again, but let's agree that rebuilding and reuploading over 50 ROMs is unreasonable.

This is a vital feature. No matter if you call it a bug or not.
It's merely a bonus, you're not even supposed to be able to pass the check with an unlocked bootloader.

There was a wallet update a few minutes ago.
I opened the wallet, the error message is no longer visible, the problem may have been solved.
(I haven't tested with payment yet)
Yeah , I have seen that behavior aswell but I cannot test it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.