Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ishtar, I switched from weekly to stable, and it's fixed now. I had to restart a few times and clear dalvik caches (probably unnecessary), but Google Wallet now shows that I can tap-to-pay. I'll try tomorrow.

I tried it on Xiaomi 12 current Weekly ROM. I couldn't get Google Pay to work.
Maybe someone will be more successful.

Reactions: katerpanne
I have pretty same device (K20Pro/raphael/12.5.6) and spent several hours trying to install this module.
Seems like it needs Zygisk support in Magisk. But Latest Magisk breaks system after enabling Zygisk (even modem/sim cards won't boot up).
Previous Magisk (21.2) isn't breaking the system but doesn't have Zygisk. I have used Magisk 21.2 + PlayIntegrityFix 12.3 and SafetyNetCheck hasn't been passed (Yasnac).
Any suggestions/what version of Magisk can be used or any workarounds?

UPD: Magisk 24.1 seemed to work but it is crashing when trying to open its settings second time.

UPD2: What finally works for me:
1. Magisk 24.1
2. Enable Zygisk + reboot
3. Update Magisk UI (UI only!)
4. PlayIntegrityFix 12.3 + clearing cache as per readme + reboot
--SafetyNetCheck passed now--
5. MagiskHide + denylist for root-afraid apps
6. Final reboot.
Sorry for the question but where did you get magisk Hide I only have zygisk. PS do I need to delete the playservice data? Thanks, I'm waiting for a reply. Because the control passes for me but Mario kart tour doesn't work

Also for me, the Google Pay in my Mi13 stopped working. Today I re-install the FUXY EU rom and tried to pay but without any difference

We should split the user base in two or more: root and not root.
The devs have implemented the fix on the non root rom, therefore who has magisk should hide root.

I'm in the first category and I've solved it by using modules and tweaking options:
1. Update the ROM to the latest available.
2. Update magisk, 26.4 installed.
3. Install Shamiko module
4. Inside magisk, hide the app, enable zygisk, disable enforce denylist, add system app gms main process and unstable, add any banking apps that detect root.
5. Clear data of play store and wallet.
6. Reboot

To check the integrity, open play store, options, info, tap a bit on version number to gain developer options, go to general, developer, check integrity.
The first line label should say meet device integrity and meet basic integrity.

Ps: if the dev doesn't endorse this kind of information then please delete.

Reactions: Smaritz and r_t_j
I have a question. The problem we have with card payment in Wallet is because we have the EU ROM or is it because we have the Bootloader open? I understand that if we install a global or Indonesian rom to have Mi Dialer, the problem would be solved. The other possibility is that it is due to having the bootloader open, so it is only solved if we close the bootloader.
In my case I have the bootloade open, I have the EU ROM and I do not have Root and I cannot make payments with a wallet
The same thing happened to me on 3 mobile phones,... Redmi Note 12 pro 5g, Mi 9T and Redmi Note 10 Pro.

Reactions: 1PASARELA1
After flashing the updated ROM, Google Pay works for me on Mi 11 Pro.

Thanks to the developers for fast fixing!

New Stable ROM in my Mi 11 Ultra installed. Error message in wallet is gone, after deleting app data. No need to add cards again. Thanks, DEVs!
Hi! Which ROM did you install? Is there an EU rom of it? Also, could you describe step by step how to delete the app's data? I didn't know much about this :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1PASARELA1
First world problems here.

I'm using Ishtar on weekly ROM. Use my phone to pay some places, when cash is sadly less prevalent.
But I will just wait for the next ROM and see what happens. Hardly a big inconvenience to carry some cards.

Surprised people can be bothered formatting and going back to stable. I certainly can't be bothered doing that. May as well just buy a watch with Google Wallet and NFC?

Reactions: ostglor
Hi! Which ROM did you install? Is there an EU rom of it? Also, could you describe step by step how to delete the app's data? I didn't know much about this :D

If you have Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM you can check for updates with "update" icon in MIUI 14 home screen.
Anyway, you can also look for updates here:

In my case, I have downloaded and installed the Stable ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.11.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip that was available in 2023-11-10

After new ROM is installed (via TWRP or fastboot), you need to clear data in wallet app. Hold tapping the wallet icon, a small menu will appear. Select "info app" and then go to "clear data" or similar.

If you have Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM you can check for updates with "update" icon in MIUI 14 home screen.

In my case, I have downloaded and installed the Stable ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.11.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip that was available in 2023-11-10

After new ROM is installed (via TWRP or fastboot), you need to clear data in wallet app. Hold tapping the wallet icon, a small menu will appear. Select "info app" and then go to "clear data" or similar.
And...after cleaning the data the pay option works?

Surprised people can be bothered formatting and going back to stable. I certainly can't be bothered doing that. May as well just buy a watch with Google Wallet and NFC?
Agreed. I am on Mi 11 (which isn't that old and I'm pretty much happy with the device that doesn't require upgrade) latest weekly and it seems the only option is to format (with all the headache) and go back to stable or just start using plastic card again like boomer.
I knew custom rom would backfire someday, just didn't think no solution would be offered apart from Format.

Reactions: Karpfenhai
I agree to that i got headache too, format data have to all begin and need to go bank register new banking push app and another apply form for easy shopper. Etc I don't have much time to go their and that to long wait time. I still weekly my Venus 11 last one. All other Banking all work just that gpay, I have too SmartWatch with gpay their still work.
I use magisk Delta, wiche that Commerzbank and Commerzbank phototan only work with magisk Delta, just magisk 26.4 app detected root. I hope soon will be solutions. Or I may switch aosp ROM, I hear their use kernelSU.

Sorry for the question but where did you get magisk Hide I only have zygisk. PS do I need to delete the playservice data? Thanks, I'm waiting for a reply. Because the control passes for me but Mario kart tour doesn't work
Magisk Hide is Magisk module from https://github.com/HuskyDG/MagiskHide
I've cleared Play Store cache/data as per instructions in https://github.com/chiteroman/PlayIntegrityFix. I didn't clear anything else's data/cache.
Also you may need to hide Magisk with different package name.

Updating to latest vers. of REBUILD ROM fixed it for me on my Poco F5 although - Updater app failed on MD5 checksum so I just flashed the ROM file directly downloaded from Xiaomi.eu

Updating to latest vers. of REBUILD ROM fixed it for me on my Poco F5 although - Updater app failed on MD5 checksum so I just flashed the ROM file directly downloaded from Xiaomi.eu
format Data or have you rebuild? Stable or weekly?

Hi, Google Wallet works again in my Xiaomi 12S Pro with the rebuilt ROM. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Franch
Status
Not open for further replies.