Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to share with you strange behavior. As all we know there was an GPay issue few days ago. My phone decided not to let me pay with any card via GPay wallet. Your phone does not meet...bla,bla,bla. Xiaomi team incredibly fast made a fix (compiling all the rooms with fix). Just after upgrade, root again, GPay worked fine. Unfortunately only few days. Google fixed/changed GPay and issue came back. I was not able to use NFC GPay wallet anymore. Your phone does not meet safety.. Bla, bla, bla. I'm following this thread to look for fix to be ready. Not yet. But! Today by mistake I use my phone to pay by NFC and there was success! I was able to pay by GPay. To be sure I opened GPay and I see there is a payment in the history, on my debit card in bank also. After opened GPay there is still complain about Your phone does not meet safety... Bla, bla, bla.

How is possible that beside root detected by GPay it allowed me to make a payment?
Especially that I discovered the issue with GPay during the NFC payment before (two days ago). It didn't let me pay.

I'll try again soon. But I guess it is just a luck. One time incident.

Best option is to buy a watch with Google Wallet and NFC on it IMO.

I'd never go back to stock ROM even if Gpay never works on Xiaomi EU ROMs again. They worked flawlessly for me since I started using them.

Reactions: Blaza and Alexbo
Same issue here with Mi10 Ultra.
I applied the patch from last week which fixed the GPay issue. Such a great and fast response by the devs. Thanks a lot.
But I just went to the store and I open Google Wallet... and there it is again, "your device does not meet.... bla bla bla".
And of course, I couldn't pay.

I have tried restoring NFC functionality, but i know the issue is more to do with Google, as it was last week.

I hope you guys can find another fix so we can use our Xiaomis again to pay for stuff.

Thanks for the great work.

Reactions: giuseppeattilio
Is there an alternative to Google Pay / Wallet that unifies all the cards from different banks?
There is Samsung pay - pros: work like a charm with Samsung phones, cons: not available for anything else than Samsung.
Mi Pay - your best bet if you live in China.
Garmin Pay comes with many Garmin wearables - probably, the most viable alternative if none of the above covers you.
And that's pretty much it TTBOMK

Can confirm not working again as today. In my case Mi10. I hope it can be fixed soon by the amazing devs here and that Google stop messing around with this!

Reactions: giuseppeattilio
If you are rooted you can install the latest integrity check V13 which will pass the MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY, then wallet should work fine.
What's the best way to root these days? Still Magisk? or KernelSU? or something else?

12s ultra stable latest xiaomi.eu pass SafetyNet and paying works with v12.3 Play Integrity, v13 not working oOo

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.

Ok, does that mean there is no longer a fix for Google Wallet (in stable)? (It's really nice that I switched from weekly to stable last week *g* ) Are there instructions on how to install Magisk and the corresponding Play Integrity Fix module?

Ok, does that mean there is no longer a fix for Google Wallet (in stable)? (It's really nice that I switched from weekly to stable last week *g* ) Are there instructions on how to install Magisk and the corresponding Play Integrity Fix module?
There is, it is the Play Integrity module.
They're making the stable roms compatible with the module.
Magisk is a common thing, Google and XDA are your best friend.

Starting from tomorrow:

Thanks for the effort and good decision.
Such a shame Google is making maintaining a custom rom such a pain in the ass.
If we wanted a closed system we'd had an iPhone.

Starting from tomorrow:

Does it mean that tomorrow you will start reuploading stable ROMs without the fix? So that I can then root my device and make GPay work?

Starting from tomorrow:

that makes no sense. people are using this ROM for the google fix without root. there are better alternatives if we have to root.

Reactions: Jaffi and gsfak
that makes no sense. people are using this ROM for the google fix without root. there are better alternatives if we have to root.
You can use the dev branch without root, it will still have the fix.
It just needs more frequent updates in case Google changes it again, which the dev roms will get in their weekly release so it is part of the usual update schedule.

You can use the dev branch without root, it will still have the fix.
It just needs more frequent updates in case Google changes it again, which the dev roms will get in their weekly release so it is part of the usual update schedule.
But certain versions like Fuxi stopped weekly release....

I apologize, but tell me, are the firmwares currently available on the website stable, are they fixed? Can I have time to download the firmware today on Xiaomi 13 Ultra for 10/11/23, is there a fix there? Thank you for your reply!

In my country huawei is using curve pay becouse on huawei google services not working. Maybe we can use that instead of google wallet?

Or we can use my card app (about 18€) on google play?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.