Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Procedure is same, but it's recommended to wipe data while switching between Beta and Stable and vice versa.
Thanks again :)

Does "wipe data" mean that everything on the phone will be lost? I.e.: Is it like a factory reset?

This would mean:
- If you want to keep your data, then you must go via stable ROM/root the phone/magisk+Play integrity
- If it's ok not to keep data, then you wipe and install the beta ROM

Correct again?

Does "wipe data" mean that everything on the phone will be lost? I.e.: Is it like a factory reset?
No, by "wipe data" I mean wipe Dalvik + cache + data directory which you can do in TWRP by default. It doesn't clear internal storage, although you will have to configure all apps + settings again just like a factory reset. You can also wipe internal storage, but it isn't being done by default.

No, by "wipe data" I mean wipe Dalvik + cache + data directory which you can do in TWRP by default. It doesn't clear internal storage, although you will have to configure all apps + settings again just like a factory reset. You can also wipe internal storage, but it isn't being done by default.
BTW. is notification issue on MIX 4 already fixed on Beta versions of miui?

No one from clients/business is starting wars with devs - of course, in their minds."

I would like to ask you about your branch management and CI/CD.
May we chat for 1-2 min in DMs?
"Branch management"? We're not a branch of anything. :D

"Branch management"? We're not a branch of anything. :D
Man - the git branches...
I mean, are you using the git flow or what?
Can we go to DMs? I cant start conversation with you. Could you send me a message to start chatting or unlock the PMs from me?

You misunderstood me, i was talking about my company and this comunity - people in my company like PMs, POs, SMs users are like plague same as users here :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ekzeshka
It applies to all latest stable ROMs and all new beta and stable releases.
I'm glad to know that now will have a rule for Weekly & Stables patch updates (cat & mouse). Thanks for your commitment to handle it.
But just a warning for Stable users. I never had any issue with Banks and Payment apps when using non-rooted Xiaomi.EU but some Bank apps just doesn't works when rooted. Doesn't matter if Magisk 26.4 (26401), Lsposed 1.9.2 (7038) and Hide My Applist (HMA) are perfectly configured and hidden.
Then if this non-patch rule be implemented the .EU Stable build certainly will be less reliable for day-by-day use when compared with Weekly.
However, many devices like the Poco F3 (Alioth) no longer receive Weeklies, and it will be mandatory to Root and consequently lose some banking.
How can we handle it?

NOTE: Some bank apps in Brazil that doesn't work when rooted: PagBank and PicPay

EDITED: Device updated and working flawlessly again - link

Last edited:

Thank you for the clarification.

Hope you don't mind if I ask another "Dummie"-question:
- If you say "beta ROM", then you mean the "MIU 14 WEEKLY ROMS"? If this is correct, then in comparison to the stable ROMs those are available for a subset of devices only as explained at https://xiaomi.eu/community/link-forums/roms-download.73/
- For me - as owner of a Mi 11 Ultra - there will be the alternative via "stable ROM/root the phone/use Magisk + play integrity" only.

Is this correct?

- If you say "beta ROM", then you mean the "MIU 14 WEEKLY ROMS"? If this is correct, then in comparison to the stable ROMs those are available for a subset of devices only as explained at https://xiaomi.eu/community/link-forums/roms-download.73/
- For me - as owner of a Mi 11 Ultra - there will be the alternative via "stable ROM/root the phone/use Magisk + play integrity" only.

Is this correct?
Yes, it's correct.

Yes, it's correct.

Thanks again!

Many people love the challenge but I'm not yet sure whether I belong to those.

On the other hand Black Friday is a good time to buy a new phone. And my mother or my daughter would surely be happy to get a Mi 11 Ultra as a christmas present as they have never used Google Wallet.

But I'll sleep over that ;)

Yes, it's correct.
Hi, for us some users of the older phone model are not included in Betas and weeklies anymore. On my device Mi 10 ultra, rooting will break half of the existing apps on my phone so i have been avoiding roots for the longest time. Is there a way this "playintegrity" module can be released in a twrp flashable form? Is there a solution that does not involve rooting?

Hi, for us some users of the older phone model are not included in Betas and weeklies anymore. On my device Mi 10 ultra, rooting will break half of the existing apps on my phone so i have been avoiding roots for the longest time. Is there a way this "playintegrity" module can be released in a twrp flashable form? Is there a solution that does not involve rooting?
You can't modify read-only partitions without risking corruption.

In order to install the Reuploaded stable, will I have to clear data again?
I am currently on the stable rom for Redmi Note 10 Pro and having to clear data (all apps, data, storage) is gonna be a realllyyy huge pain.

In order to install the Reuploaded stable, will I have to clear data again?
I am currently on the stable rom for Redmi Note 10 Pro and having to clear data (all apps, data, storage) is gonna be a realllyyy huge pain.
This will probably not be necessary. Once the new roms have been uploaded, it will be a normal update image that you can install via fastboot or TWRP, without any formatting.

The only "problem" will probably be that you will lose root access with each update, so you will have to patch the boot.img each time to restore it.

This will probably not be necessary. Once the new roms have been uploaded, it will be a normal update image that you can install via fastboot or TWRP, without any formatting.

The only "problem" will probably be that you will lose root access with each update, so you will have to patch the boot.img each time to restore it.
What I can understand is that the stable wont be updated at all. This reupload will just remove the old Play Integrity fix that is now broken to allow for manual Integrity fix module installation with Magisk.

Therefore any new Integrity fix I need I will install/update with magisk anyways. As for new versions of Stable, that's not really a very common case so having to re-root after that should be once in a while event.

Moreover, given that I have a Redmi Note 10 Pro aka sweet, I shouldn't have to worry about getting many updates anyways :(

Btw, have the reuploads started? I feel like they haven't because the latest date I can see is 14th Nov.

But just want to make sure because I converted my public transit pass to Google Wallet today just to find out Google wallet isn't working. So now the physical pass dont work and so doesn't my GWallet :(

[Edit: My bad just noticed tomorrow means 18th Nov not 17th.]

If we go back to the English Chinese version of our phones (mi 11 ultra) then we will have gpay working again????and google playstore as well??

Reactions: dgtal1
Go to Xiaomi.EU on Phone. Go into MIUI 14 STABLE ROMS. Go to Mirror site (sourceforge or AFH). Find in page.. (marble).
Make sure the downloaded file (.ZIP) is the most recently uploaded one and download to phone.
Flash in RECOVERY.

Nothing to do to get it to work afterwards - Kept my Magisk modules which are ReVanced and Play Integrity Fix module) I did uninstall Universal SafetyFix for the Play Integrity one, because I was going in circles trying to fix it lol.

Looks like the issue is back now for me and others too?
Thanks!
What does the ReVanced module do?
I have the same phone and i use SHMIKO.

If we go back to the English Chinese version of our phones (mi 11 ultra) then we will have gpay working again????and google playstore as well??
You would have to flash the original rom and lock the bootloader again, yes.
It's probably more convenient to root the new rebuild version

Good question. I'm just trying to remember why I flashed XIAOMI.EU in the beginning, and what I'll miss if I make it back to stock.

Good question. I'm just trying to remember why I flashed XIAOMI.EU in the beginning, and what I'll miss if I make it back to stock.
Don't judge by your needs here the Greek state give us some money into a virtual card (not bank account) that I cannot use it anymore so some things are not so simple I know that I will lose sth but I will gain sth else Anyways can you answer the question???

You can't modify read-only partitions without risking corruption.
Ok, but finally what will be the reason of existence of stables if I will have to root them for the payments to work? I think the 'strongest' part of them is the read-only system which except the unlocked bootloader makes them pretty close to stock ones...

P.S. assuming that payments are a serious part of everyday for most of us

Reactions: dgtal1
Status
Not open for further replies.