Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man we are lucky you devs are on it. Thanks for all the effort. Will this fix also sort my Netflix issue out too as after reading it's appears it's Google play protect blocking my download as my device isn't certified after install if miui 14 stable EU ron on 12s ultra. Thank you Screenshot_2023-11-18-07-41-59-500_com.android.vending.jpgScreenshot_2023-11-18-07-41-41-933_com.android.vending.jpg

Reactions: mailman77
Will this fix also sort my Netflix issue out too as after reading it's appears it's Google play protect blocking my download as my device isn't certified after install if miui 14 stable EU ron on 12s ultra.
It will allow you to fix it yourself with root / play integrity module.

Reactions: ipman
I would love to see everyone posting here (and in other custom ROM forums) to also downvote the google pay app on playstore with a 1 star rating.

Little shitstorm recently helped to make Aqua Mail developers think twice as well.

Don't know if we can get it downvoted enough to make google actually care, but I believe that the community around custom ROMs is pretty large, so let's try.

Android is said to be Free and OpenSource, so it should be perfectly OK to customize, but this way they are invalidating that through the back door. Security of course is a good thing but this is a sledge hammer approach.

I'm glad to know that now will have a rule for Weekly & Stables patch updates (cat & mouse). Thanks for your commitment to handle it.
But just a warning for Stable users. I never had any issue with Banks and Payment apps when using non-rooted Xiaomi.EU but some Bank apps just doesn't works when rooted. Doesn't matter if Magisk 26.4 (26401), Lsposed 1.9.2 (7038) and Hide My Applist (HMA) are perfectly configured and hidden.
Then if this non-patch rule be implemented the .EU Stable build certainly will be less reliable for day-by-day use when compared with Weekly.
However, many devices like the Poco F3 (Alioth) no longer receive Weeklies, and it will be mandatory to Root and consequently lose some banking.
How can we handle it?

NOTE: Some bank apps in Brazil that doesn't work when rooted: PagBank and PicPay
No way to hide root and/or unlock bootloader?

A friend mine has problem with Bank apps even without root. BTG Bank is a example.

Reactions: Jacometto
Thanks again :)

Does "wipe data" mean that everything on the phone will be lost? I.e.: Is it like a factory reset?

This would mean:
- If you want to keep your data, then you must go via stable ROM/root the phone/magisk+Play integrity
- If it's ok not to keep data, then you wipe and install the beta ROM

Correct again?

Are there instructions on how to root the mix 4 including magisk+Play integrity ?
And do banking apps still work?
Do I have to perform a data wipe again for this?

Are there instructions on how to root the mix 4 including magisk+Play integrity ?
And do banking apps still work?
Do I have to perform a data wipe again for this?
There are many instructions online.
For banking apps to work you will have to additionally make an effort and hide root from them

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.
And what stable rom users to do know? Last stable rom will be reuploaded without fix?

I'm glad to know that now will have a rule for Weekly & Stables patch updates (cat & mouse). Thanks for your commitment to handle it.
But just a warning for Stable users. I never had any issue with Banks and Payment apps when using non-rooted Xiaomi.EU but some Bank apps just doesn't works when rooted. Doesn't matter if Magisk 26.4 (26401), Lsposed 1.9.2 (7038) and Hide My Applist (HMA) are perfectly configured and hidden.
Then if this non-patch rule be implemented the .EU Stable build certainly will be less reliable for day-by-day use when compared with Weekly.
However, many devices like the Poco F3 (Alioth) no longer receive Weeklies, and it will be mandatory to Root and consequently lose some banking.
How can we handle it?

NOTE: Some bank apps in Brazil that doesn't work when rooted: PagBank and PicPay
Had this same problem with bank apps. Instead of Magisk I use Magisk-delta which is a fork of Magisk. Hide root+ hide Magisk works brilliant. Never ever had issue with any app.

Edit. I checked PicPay. Doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacometto and ipman
Don't judge by your needs here the Greek state give us some money into a virtual card (not bank account) that I cannot use it anymore so some things are not so simple I know that I will lose sth but I will gain sth else Anyways can you answer the question???
I think there is something lost in translation here. Basically, I agree with you.

Reactions: poldask75
Honestly, I think that you are facing this issue the other way around.
Stable version users, (some of them, not all of them) want to flash and rest. Most doesn't want to play flashing, rooting, etc... That is why they choose the easy way.
Beta-weekly are the other way, they want to keep flashing, last updtlates and they would be even happier if they can flash daily. Most of them probably root, etc.. They like playing the smartphone hacks game.

By not fixing this in the stable, will make lots of people to stop using the rom, as they won't know how to fix or don't want to risk the phone.
And.... you will fix the problem for users who already know how to solve it.

How many people with xiaomi devices flash the estable for their familiars and now, all of them are asking them that wallet is not working and will not have the chance to tell them, ota update. Huge headache.

My device is rooted, I'll find the way, but consider the situation by deciding not to fix the stable.
This is just my 2 cents.

And BTW, thanks for the effort, I know it's not easy.

Starting from tomorrow:
- beta ROMs will include the fix the same way it used to be until today and it will be updated with each update as beta updates are usually faster than stables,
- stable ROMs will NOT include the fix at all. To make Google Wallet work, you must flash Magisk and the relevant Play Integrity fix module.

Reuploading 50 ROMs each time Google changes something is, as you can imagine, a nightmare. We can't do it indefinitely so it will be a last reupload in this case. As in the first reupload, new stables without a fix will be pushed in batches.
Do beta roms include all the languages in stable roms? And what happens if I install it on stable rom?

Does anyone know a well described and reliable guide how to flash the original Chinese (not global) ROM and lock bootloader???

I somehow understand the decision taken by the devs, although they publish betas every week building tenths of roms anyways. Xiaomi.eu beta is too buggy for everyday use, but addresses various issues quickly. Stable on the other hand side is stable, runs well, but prone to issues like crashing ROM because of Google System updates and now will lack GPay support.
Rooting a phone is even more asking for trouble than using custom roms with GPay fixes. I never wanted this. People use stable versions because they want a hassle free experience. They're not looking for new features every week. Needing a root and installing custom modules for stable is a no go for me. Too risky.
Switching back to dev/beta is not an option for me. It's too buggy. Been there already and was really happy when the devs built in the GPay fix + Google System update fix in stable and switched back to stable.
Sadly I think for people like me the only right way forward is to lock bootloader and go back to stock. When one uses all the features a phone offers - it's a bad idea to risk even more to loose them.

Soon Xiaomi will release the new OS version based on Android 14 allowing to set a language per app. This is a pretty decent solution. I've got no prol m using a phone in English, although for some apps this would be a bit awkward. Setting their language to native is a good option here.

I admire your work guys, I really do. Just expressing my point of view.

chinese rom can not use google pay ,neither android auto
Kacper Skrzypek from Xiaomi.eu team claims it will work.
Google apps can be installed pretty easily as a normal APK, they don't even require recovery, flashing etc.

@Kacper Skrzypek can you please confirm here? There are more people wondering whether GPay and other Google apps will work on the stock Chinese ROM with locked bootloader

Honestly, I think that you are facing this issue the other way around.
Let say they fix the stable, and next week, Google break (again) the new fix. Do we really expect them to spend 2 days again reuploading those 51 ROMs ? And the week after ? And the week after ? So much for a "hassle free experience".

It's just 2 extra zip files to flash Magisk and play integrity fix module, no hassle at all.
You don't have to grant root access to anything.

If you can't do that maybe you shouldn't have unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom rom in the first place.

Weeklies are fine as daily driver too. And in case of a bug it will be resolved in a week.

The Chinese rom if filled with ads and for usage in China. That's a huge downgrade.

Reactions: ekzeshka
By not fixing this in the stable, will make lots of people to stop using the rom, as they won't know how to fix or don't want to risk the phone.
And.... you will fix the problem for users who already know how to solve it.
We wish it could be so easy to push fix to stables every week, but sadly it isn't.
Do beta roms include all the languages in stable roms? And what happens if I install it on stable rom?
Yes, all languages are included in both beta and stable ROMs. "What happens" in your case - I don't know, because you didn't provide info about your phone and current ROM version.
Does anyone know a well described and reliable guide how to flash the original Chinese (not global) ROM and lock bootloader???
Use MiFlash with "clean all and lock" option.
@Kacper Skrzypek can you please confirm here? There are more people wondering whether GPay and other Google apps will work on the stock Chinese ROM with locked bootloader
Yes, they will work. China ROMs are certified by Google for a few years, you have only to turn on Basic Google services in Settings and install Google Play IIRC.

It's just 2 extra zip files to flash Magisk and play integrity fix module, no hassle at all.
You don't have to grant root access to anything.

If you can't do that maybe you shouldn't have unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom rom in the first place.

Weeklies are fine as daily driver too. And in case of a bug it will be resolved in a week.

The Chinese rom if filled with ads and for usage in China. That's a huge downgrade.
Could you be specific? I installed Magisk and Zygisk,but I can't pass Safety or Play integrity. What modules and options do I have to check or install?! Before I passed safety net checker but not integrity checker and my device was certified.

I keep reading as option (even temporary) flashing the Chinese version on which gpay can work... I know that only English and Chinese are available for menu languages... But will the phone be able to display other languages too for messages like Greek etc? Thanks

Could you be specific? I installed Magisk and Zygisk,but I can't pass Safety or Play integrity. What modules and options do I have to check or install?! Before I passed safety net checker but not integrity checker and my device was certified.
It won't work on the latest xeu version, you have to wait for the new rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.