Got some questions for my upcoming switch to the ROM.

MigwynKriid

Members
Dec 30, 2022
Hello community! The time has come that i've bought a xiaomi.eu capable device and cant wait to switch over to it, and of course some questions did came across me while trying to figure it out and recall all the things from back in the day from rooting/unlocking/Xposed/etc...

1. The Stable Release thread shows a picture of the devices and a category of "ROM TYPE" i have a "spesn" on A12 MIUI13 and that device falls under the category of "Recovery" Rom type, does that indicate i need to flash the rom via TWRP instead of the one click fastboot some devices have?

1 .1 Im having this question because it says that Android 12 cannot use TWRP (post under the main post) and that i should use fastboot yet the ROM type indicates its recovery, so im kinda confused on this one.

2. Are new updates OTA or does it require me to flash /system again from a zip?

3. Is rooting the rom afterwards just a simple magisk flash in TWRP?

4. Are full screen gestures available on all third party launchers or do i need to patch it with some modules from Magisk?

Thank you<3

Last edited:
1) Yes

1.1) This part of the post was not updated

2) New updates are technically OTA, as in you don't need to plug the phone (as long as you TWRP is compatible with your Android version), and it can work very fluidly as a simple click in the Updater app ... but it is still a zip installed by your recovery. Keep in mind MIUI 14 updates are fastboot for the moment.

3) I don't know

4) Full screen gestures on third party apps are not supported by default by MIUI 13 (did not try MIUI 14)

Reactions: MigwynKriid
1) Yes

1.1) This part of the post was not updated

2) New updates are technically OTA, as in you don't need to plug the phone (as long as you TWRP is compatible with your Android version), and it can work very fluidly as a simple click in the Updater app ... but it is still a zip installed by your recovery. Keep in mind MIUI 14 updates are fastboot for the moment.

3) I don't know

4) Full screen gestures on third party apps are not supported by default by MIUI 13 (did not try MIUI 14)
Thank you for the answers, cleared up things for me, i appreciate it.

One last thing came on my mind, during the installation it says on the guide i shall not wipe /system, but the .zip flash will be writting over it anyways, shouldnt it write over a clean /system partition?