Got Stuck With Unlocking My Redmi Note 3 Pro...

tron1986

Members
Jul 16, 2016
Hi all,

first of all, I have a Qualcomm Redmi Note 3 (Pro) and my account should be enabled for unlocking the bootloader. However, the unlocking tool from Xiaomi stops at 50%, stating device has different account info (already tested login with number/email/phonenumber). I'm on MIUI 7 stable version (india) and I know that unlocking only works on china dev roms, so next thing I tried is updating to dev rom via fastboot, but miflash states that my device is locked and the rom can't be installed - seems like a vicious circle to me...

Can anyone help me please (or direct me to any thread, if already discuessed somewhere)

Thx alot!

cheers,
dennis

So you are on Global Stable right? Flash Global Dev with Updater App! Simply Download Global Dev Recovery Rom from MIUI with your phone,than go to Settings and under "About Phone" open System Update you can use the 3 dots at the top right to select the ZIP and update to Dev Rom!
You also need to wait min 10 days before you can Unlock Official...

I had the same problem as you:
Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device. Make sure it's the same with the account you sent your request. It's recommended to connect to the Internet for Mi account to sync.
http://en.miui.com/thread-246705-1-1.html

And also, prior to retrying to unlock your bootloader, some devices come with unlocked. Verify if your bootloader is locked or not by doing this:
- Launch your device in fastboot mode
- Have ADB and fastboot
- Launch command prompt in the folder containing the adb and fastboot apps
- Check if device is connected: fastboot devices - it should write your device name and connected
- If it shows connected, type fastboot oem device-info
If your Bootloader is locked you will see something like:
Device Tampered: False
Device Unlocked: False
Device Critically Unlocked: False
If Bootloader is unlocked:
Device Tampered: False
Device Unlocked: True
Device Critically Unlocked: False/True - Depends, on mine, here shows False

Good luck and reply with feedback