Gps Fix Problem

Hobbes.

Members
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

I am a French user of the Xiaomi Mi 4 LTE, with China Dev Rom from Xiaomi.eu.

I have a problem with my phone, I lose the GPS connection all the time ... It takes a long time to get a fix and then I lose it after a few minutes each time. I can't use Google Maps or Waze in my car...

In Paris, here is the fix gps I have:
Screenshot_2016-03-22-11-53-41_com.chartcross.gpstest.png

Do you know how I can fix it?
Thanks !

I have a similar problem, when I try to using Google maps, so an app that needs the GPS, it doesn't work correctly and it is hard to use it in this conditions

Change your ntp servers in order to get more accurate fix.
Gps.conf located in root/etc folder

As an example y change this lines and works ok

NTP_SERVER=1.es.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Reactions: debianus
For france

server 0.fr.pool.ntp.org server 1.fr.pool.ntp.org server 2.fr.pool.ntp.org server 3.fr.pool.ntp.org

Reactions: Milous98
How can I do it? Which is it the way in order to do it?
Do you know the dates for Italy?

Thank you.

How can I do it? Which is it the way in order to do it?
Do you know the dates for Italy?

Thank you.
You must reconfigure your gps.conf locsted in root/etc folder and change the ntp servers....

#Test
#NTP_SERVER=time.gpsonextra.net
#Asia
# NTP_SERVER=asia.pool.ntp.org
#Europe
NTP_SERVER=2.es.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

For italy change ntp_server=

server 0.it.pool.ntp.org
server 1.it.pool.ntp.org
server 2.it.pool.ntp.org
server 3.it.pool.ntp.org

Use root explorer or similar app

Last edited:
Reactions: polve91
Thank you for your advice. I will try to applying this configuration and I will let you know if it is works better

Reactions: Khuzastur
Thank you, it works much better !
Here is the file after updating, do I have to change something else ? Sometimes the GPS loses connection ...

Attachments

• gps.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 2,178
Thank you, it works much better !
Here is the file after updating, do I have to change something else ? Sometimes the GPS loses connection ...
Sure,uploading your new gps.conf you have duplicated ntpservers in two different lines and test server uncommented.

About getting without connection, is a mayor trouble in mi4 architecture, metal frame and gps colides.

Hope the new gps. conf solves some issues.

Attachments

• gps.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,384
If you can edit gps conf, you have the root permission, download faster GPS from store and he work for you! It s very simple to use.

Inviato dal mio MI 4W utilizzando Tapatalk

If you can edit gps conf, you have the root permission, download faster GPS from store and he work for you! It s very simple to use.

Inviato dal mio MI 4W utilizzando Tapatalk
Not working sometimes,as mi4 have an emulated storage,so it didnt work at all.Yes the app make another gps.conf file but didnt place it the right place

Hi. I am a Xiaomi Mi 4 user in India. I have faced the very same GPS issue in my device. I have tried all methods, like downloading a gps.conf for my country, rooting my device in order to replace the original gps.conf file with the new one etc.

Even after this, GPS still can't lock my position.

I have attached the gps.conf file that I'm using. Please verify the txt and let me know if there needs to be any correction.

Also, if you feel I have used a wrong gps.conf file or some lines are missing, please edit the text and upload here.

Thank you.

Attachments

• gps.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,135
Hi. I am a Xiaomi Mi 4 user in India. I have faced the very same GPS issue in my device. I have tried all methods, like downloading a gps.conf for my country, rooting my device in order to replace the original gps.conf file with the new one etc.

Even after this, GPS still can't lock my position.

I have attached the gps.conf file that I'm using. Please verify the txt and let me know if there needs to be any correction.

Also, if you feel I have used a wrong gps.conf file or some lines are missing, please edit the text and upload here.

Thank you.
For India copy this in your gps.conf and restart

#Uncommenting these urls would only enable #the power up auto injection and force injection(test case). #XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtrapath1.izatcloud.net/xtra2.bin #XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtrapath2.izatcloud.net/xtra2.bin #XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtrapath3.izatcloud.net/xtra2.bin #Version check for XTRA #DISABLE = 0 #AUTO = 1 #XTRA2 = 2 #XTRA3 = 3 XTRA_VERSION_CHECK=0 # Error Estimate # _SET = 1 # _CLEAR = 0 ERR_ESTIMATE=0 #Test #NTP_SERVER=time.gpsonextra.net #Asia NTP_SERVER=1.in.pool.ntp.org NTP_SERVER=0.asia.pool.ntp.org NTP_SERVER=1.asia.pool.ntp.org NTP_SERVER=2.asia.pool.ntp.org NTP_SERVER=3.asia.pool.ntp.org #North America # NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org # DEBUG LEVELS: 0 - none, 1 - Error, 2 - Warning, 3 - Info # 4 - Debug, 5 - Verbose # If DEBUG_LEVEL is commented, Android's logging levels will be used DEBUG_LEVEL = 3 # Intermediate position report, 1=enable, 0=disable INTERMEDIATE_POS=0 # Below bit mask configures how GPS functionalities # should be locked when user turns off GPS on Settings # Set bit 0x1 if MO GPS functionalities are to be locked # Set bit 0x2 if NI GPS functionalities are to be locked # default - non is locked for backward compatibility #GPS_LOCK = 0 # supl version 1.0 SUPL_VER=0x10000 # Emergency SUPL, 1=enable, 0=disable SUPL_ES=0 #Choose PDN for Emergency SUPL #1 - Use emergency PDN #0 - Use regular SUPL PDN for Emergency SUPL USE_EMERGENCY_PDN_FOR_EMERGENCY_SUPL=1 #SUPL_MODE is a bit mask set in config.xml per carrier by default. #If it is uncommented here, this value will overwrite the value from #config.xml. #MSA=0X2 #MSB=0X1 #SUPL_MODE= # GPS Capabilities bit mask # SCHEDULING = 0x01 # MSB = 0x02 # MSA = 0x04 # ON_DEMAND_TIME = 0x10 # GEOFENCE = 0x20 # default = ON_DEMAND_TIME | MSA | MSB | SCHEDULING | GEOFENCE CAPABILITIES=0x31 # Accuracy threshold for intermediate positions # less accurate positions are ignored, 0 for passing all positions # ACCURACY_THRES=5000 ################################ ##### AGPS server settings ##### ################################ # FOR SUPL SUPPORT, set the following # SUPL_HOST=supl.host.com or IP # SUPL_PORT=1234 SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com SUPL_PORT=7276 # FOR C2K PDE SUPPORT, set the following # C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com or IP # C2K_PORT=1234 # Bitmask of slots that are available # for write/install to, where 1s indicate writable, # and the default value is 0 where no slots # are writable. For example, AGPS_CERT_WRITABLE_MASK # of b1000001010 makes 3 slots available # and the remaining 7 slots unwritable. #AGPS_CERT_WRITABLE_MASK=0 #################################### # LTE Positioning Profile Settings #################################### # 0: Enable RRLP on LTE(Default) # 1: Enable LPP_User_Plane on LTE # 2: Enable LPP_Control_Plane # 3: Enable both LPP_User_Plane and LPP_Control_Plane LPP_PROFILE = 2 ################################ # EXTRA SETTINGS ################################ # NMEA provider (1=Modem Processor, 0=Application Processor) NMEA_PROVIDER=0 # Mark if it is a SGLTE target (1=SGLTE, 0=nonSGLTE) SGLTE_TARGET=0 ################################################## # Select Positioning Protocol on A-GLONASS system ################################################## # 0x1: RRC CPlane # 0x2: RRLP UPlane # 0x4: LLP Uplane A_GLONASS_POS_PROTOCOL_SELECT = 0

Hi guys/girls,

I have the same problem I think, I live in hungary, could you please help me out?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. And I am facing the same problem. It there in fix for this? I really neer GPS as I recently moved to Seattle and its difficult to drive without GPS !

Thanks

I have tried this file for USA. but the issue is still not solved. Can you please have a look?

Attachments

• gps (1).txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 926
Hi,

I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. And I am facing the same problem. It there in fix for this? I really neer GPS as I recently moved to Seattle and its difficult to drive without GPS !

Thanks

Very easy, i have done to my fone on China 7.5.3, it locates very well now. So, go to CH Play and install GPS Fix, open and Start Fixing, let it be done and your gps will be good at all :D. No need to replace gps.conf anymore.

Reactions: FERNANDO VICENTE