GPS Fix

Melvyn Ong

Members
Nov 30, 2012
Hi all gurus,

It's me again.. different issue now. I can't seem to get a GPS fix! After reflashing a brand new ROM and updated to MIUIAndroid 3.1.11 and installed the World Navigation enabled Google Maps.. no GPS fix after 20 mins. That aside, using GPS Status can't seem to get a lock on as well. What is wrong?

Well i'm not sure what could be the issue. If you use GPS test does it even see any sats at all? This screen shot was just taken from inside my house after about 45 seconds.

Screenshot_2013-01-14-06-36-19.png

Yeah it shows stats.. but just wouldn't get a fix.. I have 2 Xiaomi MI-2 facing the same issue. This is what I did.. used MiFlash to wipe all and flash 3.1.11 Dev ROM from Xiaomi, then updated to MIUIAndroid's 3.1.11 release. Enabled Root after reboot and installed Maps and GPS Status.. still no go.. the stats shown are just info trying to look for satellites..

Yeah it shows stats.. but just wouldn't get a fix.. I have 2 Xiaomi MI-2 facing the same issue. This is what I did.. used MiFlash to wipe all and flash 3.1.11 Dev ROM from Xiaomi, then updated to MIUIAndroid's 3.1.11 release. Enabled Root after reboot and installed Maps and GPS Status.. still no go.. the stats shown are just info trying to look for satellites..

try this, it helped over here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...s#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwib3JnLmZhc3RlcmdwcyJd

OK, I managed to get a location fix after a long period of time. Everything is enabled.. but it seems it's difficult to get a hard fix most of the time. For example, after TTF and closed the maps app, maybe 15 mins later.. it'll take a long period of time to get a fix again. Sometimes it won't get a fix at all? I'm not sure what is causing this as I've reflashed both my MI2s all over again with fresh install but yet, the problem persists..

I had a similar problem for a while. It was working quite well when I flashed the miuiandroid rom. Then after a while, the problem was back.

I'm using gps fix ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidlab.gpsfix) right now and it seems working again. At first, I waited like 10 minutes to get my first fix after launching the app. Then every time I'm using Google maps, I'm launching the gps fix app first which is getting me a fix in a matter of seconds now, after what I'm switching back to maps where I got a fix and the navigation is starting.

Hope it will help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing now as well.. I downloaded a free app called GPS Status (with the blue wifi like icon) and it'll help me get a fix within seconds. After that, I will launch Maps to navigate. I'm not sure if it'll get a fix if I were to open Maps only.. but so far, this method seems to get things running.

Thanks for the tip though :)

I'm only launching Google Maps now. Try it out, it should be working mate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD