[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

i moved the zip file to internal storage, and installed it, after that it says unable to mount storage
same when i want to wipe date it says unable to mount storage
Haizz
After unlocking bootloader did you install TWRP right away? You don't let your phone boot into MIUI?
If that's the case, I think maybe your phone has a boot failure. :(

Solution now you try to use MiFlash flash China rom (stock rom). Then do it again step by step

Haizz
After unlocking bootloader did you install TWRP right away? You don't let your phone boot into MIUI?
If that's the case, I think maybe your phone has a boot failure. :(

Solution now you try to use MiFlash flash China rom (stock rom). Then do it again step by step
i wanted to boot after unlock to miui but after clicking unlock it restarted and did not boot into miui so i installed twrp.....
okay so you mean install via fastboot the global rom?

i wanted to boot after unlock to miui but after clicking unlock it restarted and did not boot into miui so i installed twrp.....
okay so you mean install via fastboot the global rom?
Stock rom. Which phone do you use? Chinese or Global version?
Can you check the unlock status now?

i use chinese version, currently i am in fastboot mode to install china rom with mitool
1. Download Stock rom
After downloading, extract to drive D (note not to put in subfolders). Turn off the virus browser on the computer. Make sure the C drive has about 20GB of free space
2. Put your phone in fastboot mode
3. Use Miflash to flash the downloaded rom. Remember to tick Clear all

Last edited:
1. Download Stack rom
After downloading, extract to drive D (note not to put in subfolders). Turn off the virus browser on the computer. Make sure the C drive has about 20GB of free space
okay thank you very much, i will try it now. download of stock rom needs 10 minutes.

Reactions: hoangsang
1. Download Stock rom
everything worked perfectly as you discribed :) thank you very much, now i will try to install twrp again

Hi guys, I successfully installed TWRP on my 11 Ultra, but when I try to install the eu rom, it reboots into recovery, and I'm forced to flash stock rom with Mi Flash. I tried several times and ended up with the same result. What should I do?

hey guys, not able to install twrp on mi 11 on adb it gives this error (error: cannot load 'mi-11-twrp3.5.1-recovery-v21.5.10_decrypted': No such file or directory)
C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 861A-C444

Directory of C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot

26/05/2021 19:05 <DIR> .
26/05/2021 19:05 <DIR> ..
11/01/2018 18:53 1 784 320 adb.exe
11/01/2018 18:53 97 792 AdbWinApi.dll
11/01/2018 18:53 62 976 AdbWinUsbApi.dll
09/08/2015 13:50 29 882 cmd-here.exe
11/01/2018 18:53 853 504 fastboot.exe
26/05/2021 18:58 132 423 680 mi-11-twrp3.5.1-recovery-v21.5.10_decrypted.img
26/05/2021 19:01 1 846 unins000.dat
26/05/2021 19:01 717 985 unins000.exe
8 File(s) 135 971 985 bytes
2 Dir(s) 145 774 866 432 bytes free

C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

any help guys? currently in weekly but not able to update without twrp... im seeing alot of ppl getting reboot stuck..

@Bruno.pego Hello, you forgot to add the extention ".img" of your file, for the fastboot command. ;)

EDIT: Tip => Use the TAB key to complete filenames in command prompt windows. :)

Reactions: Juankar
Hi! I read the guide and I don't see anywhere any information that you have to unlock bootloader - why? Is it necessary or not?

Thanks. Still it should be in guide, because in some they write about it and it can be slightly confusing :)

Its in the guide...

Reading and understanding is hard ;)

Its in the guide...
View attachment 36951

Reading and understanding is hard ;)
Exactly, maybe that's why you should learn to read and understand :)
I posted here for a reason, I wanted to install TWRP and ROM and here is all the instructions EXCEPT the info that you have to unlock the phone. Especially as it was mentioned in the "old method". Which means for any thinking person that in the new method it is not necessary!
Installing Twrp Recovery
1. Before starting the process, the bootloader must be unlocked.
So in the old method it is necessary to unlock the bootloader, in the new method since it is not mentioned anymore - it is not, right? Maybe something was invented to bypass this, maybe Xiaomi made something easier? How would I know this if I don't sit on the forum day in and day out?
So maybe without pinching, because the question was right from my side and reasonable, and I do not see the need to read other guides, if in theory this one says everything.

I installed the 12.5.7 with fastboot I already had the twrp but after the reboot it was gone, now after the 12.5.7 I did the fastboot boot procedure twrp.img again and put the recovery mod again

@Bruno.pego Hello, you forgot to add the extention ".img" of your file, for the fastboot command. ;)

EDIT: Tip => Use the TAB key to complete filenames in command prompt windows. :)
really.... done with success
twrp always start in chinese
new update installed with success, no problems until this time
thank you all guys.
Does anyone know if we are gonna be able to get android 12, and if yes, how?

i can't decrypt with twrp. Keeps saying pattern failed when its correct.
If i remove it /sdcard/ is empty and i can't format data.