[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

i can't decrypt with twrp. Keeps saying pattern failed when its correct.
If i remove it /sdcard/ is empty and i can't format data.
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )

i can't decrypt with twrp. Keeps saying pattern failed when its correct.
If i remove it /sdcard/ is empty and i can't format data.
I have the same issue and cannot solve it, i tried to flash stock rom via miflashtool but it shows success within 1sec ( so it does not flash anything). Moreover i did not have any password set so i'm stuck there

7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
(Note: You definitely need to format data once you change ROMs - i.e. when changing ROM versions like going from stable to weekly, from official to Xiaomi.EU.... For updating within the same ROM you don't need to do that.... Do the formatting right at this step )
pattern doesn't decrypt.
removing lockscreen doesnt decrypt aswell

Same problem, it asks for the password when you start twrp and it always pops up the message that the password is incorrect, if we remove the password nothing appears in the storage

pattern doesn't decrypt.
removing lockscreen doesnt decrypt aswell
Same problem, it asks for the password when you start twrp and it always pops up the message that the password is incorrect, if we remove the password nothing appears in the storage
Same problem when trying to upgrade
Can you describe it more clearly?
- Where did you download the TWRP version?
- Did you follow the steps exactly as I instructed?

Can you describe it more clearly?
- Where did you download the TWRP version?
- Did you follow the steps exactly as I instructed?
When I first installed the rom (21.5.20)
I unlocked my MI 11 by the offical unlock tool.
I downloaded the TWRP from https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321497
I changed the name of the TWRP img to 'twrp-recovery-venus.img'
Then I did the command 'fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus.img' and got into the TWRP recovery
I copied the rom to the phone storage and installed the rom successfully.
What I didn't do are the following: (I didn't find your post at the time I first install the rom)
5) Go to "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

Current issue is:
I can use the phone with no issue but when I try to auto upgrade the rom version from the system, after it's in the TWRP, I cannot use the passcode to decrypt the data partion.
Then I tried to inject the TWRP by entering the fastboot and use the same command 'fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus.img'. I can get into TWRP, but it asks me to enter the passcode to decrypt the data partion (user 0). After I fill in with the passcode I used to unlock my phone screen, it always says pattern failed when its correct.

[QUOTE = "hoangsang, publicación: 610684, miembro: 155700"]
¿Puedes describirlo más claramente?
- ¿Dónde descargaste la versión TWRP?
- ¿Seguiste los pasos exactamente como te indiqué?
[/CITA]

CWhen you start in twrp, it asks you for the password of user 0, you put the password and it says over and over again that the password is incorrect for user 0, then try to do a factory reset , After factory reset and without any type of password or fingerprint lock, try to enter twrp and you enter correctly, but there is nothing from the storage, It is as if it will not decrypt the storage, all this happens in semanal 21.5.20 , When I was in the last stable I did not have this problem.

Then I did the command 'fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus.img' and got into the TWRP recovery
What I didn't do are the following: (I didn't find your post at the time I first install the rom)

Current issue is:
I can use the phone with no issue but when I try to auto upgrade the rom version from the system, after it's in the TWRP, I cannot use the passcode to decrypt the data partion.
Then I tried to inject the TWRP by entering the fastboot and use the same command 'fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus.img'. I can get into TWRP, but it asks me to enter the passcode to decrypt the data partion (user 0). After I fill in with the passcode I used to unlock my phone screen, it always says pattern failed when its correct.
Currently TWRP does not yet support automatic updates.
If there is no problem then please format the data and redo the steps.

[QUOTE = "hoangsang, publicación: 610684, miembro: 155700"]
¿Puedes describirlo más claramente?
- ¿Dónde descargaste la versión TWRP?
- ¿Seguiste los pasos exactamente como te indiqué?
[/CITA]

CWhen you start in twrp, it asks you for the password of user 0, you put the password and it says over and over again that the password is incorrect for user 0, then try to do a factory reset , After factory reset and without any type of password or fingerprint lock, try to enter twrp and you enter correctly, but there is nothing from the storage, It is as if it will not decrypt the storage, all this happens in semanal 21.5.20 , When I was in the last stable I did not have this problem.
Okey, so it could be a bug in the dev rom. I don't use the dev rom so I don't know this error :(

[QUOTE = "hoangsang, publicación: 610690, miembro: 155700"]
Actualmente, TWRP aún no admite actualizaciones automáticas.
Si no hay ningún problema, formatee los datos y vuelva a realizar los pasos.
[/CITA]

Friend ,. I don't want to update, I want to use twrp, backup etc. But simply and simply twrp does not accept the password and when you remove the password you do not Decrypts the storage , I think the problem is that twrp is not decrypting the storage

Current issue is:
same, didnt injected anything aswell

[QUOTE = "hoangsang, publicación: 610690, miembro: 155700"]
Actualmente, TWRP aún no admite actualizaciones automáticas.
Si no hay ningún problema, formatee los datos y vuelva a realizar los pasos.
[/CITA]

Friend ,. I don't want to update, I want to use twrp, backup etc. But simply and simply twrp does not accept the password and when you remove the password you do not Decrypts the storage , I think the problem is that twrp is not decrypting the storage
However twrp works great with stable roms

[QUOTE = "hoangsang, publicación: 610697, miembro: 155700"]
Sin embargo, twrp funciona muy bien con roms estables
[/CITA]
Now the details ..is how to return to stable ROM?

I have the same issue and cannot solve it, i tried to flash stock rom via miflashtool but it shows success within 1sec ( so it does not flash anything). Moreover i did not have any password set so i'm stuck there
@hoangsang in your opinion what should i do to recover my device ?

1. You reinstall the stock rom with Miflash.
2. Boot into MIUI and set the device password.
3. Install TWRP according to the instructions in this article.
4. Install stable rom xiaomi.eu
Thank you however miflash does not seem to work. It gets an error about checkpoint so i deleted the line about that in the configuration menu. The error disappear but the device does not get flashed at all. Miflash says "success" but within 0 or 1 second so i know nothing was written on the device.

Thank you however miflash does not seem to work. It gets an error about checkpoint so i deleted the line about that in the configuration menu. The error disappear but the device does not get flashed at all. Miflash says "success" but within 0 or 1 second so i know nothing was written on the device.
Can you send me Ultraview ID and password. I'll help you.

I did exactly what instructions said:

fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus
TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star

For install ROM, just select Install - ROM zip - reboot

---------------------

When trying to format data
ERROR 255
Unable to wipe data
Unnable to format to remove encryption

Failed to mount /data (Device or resource busy)

Last edited:
Yay done with the Mi 11 Pro, only thing I didn't notice was reboot after installation not sure where that is, had to manual restart but updated none the less.

asome news? some twrp that gives decrypts the storage? the solution is to go back to stable ROM, but i think its impossible too

if someone knows. i did exactly what was mentioned before.
If you can't format data in TWRP, fastboot boot the stock recovery and "Wipe Data" in this one then reboot your device. Your device should successfully boot to system after that. ;)