[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

I just followed the instructions to boot & inject TWRP (Mi 11/venus) and was able to then flash my ROM, however it doesn't appear that TWRP has stayed installed. If I power the phone off, then hold Power + Vol Down it just takes me to the Fastboot screen, Power + Vol up does nothing other than boot into the ROM.

How can I boot back into TWRP?

I just followed the instructions to boot & inject TWRP (Mi 11/venus) and was able to then flash my ROM, however it doesn't appear that TWRP has stayed installed. If I power the phone off, then hold Power + Vol Down it just takes me to the Fastboot screen, Power + Vol up does nothing other than boot into the ROM.

Hi. Enabling extended power menu in developer options. Installed with these instructions https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-venus-twrp-is-finally-here.4275383/

Last edited:

Try to re flash TWRP

All I see is Airplane, Silent, Reboot & Power Off with extended power menu.
I have flashed TWRP 3 times now with the same instructions you linked. Pretty strange. I will try again tomorrow on a different PC.

Thanks for the suggestions (and to you too wizzman)
wen u hit reboot a new menu shut show up them u can reboot recovery

All I see is Airplane, Silent, Reboot & Power Off with extended power menu.
I have flashed TWRP 3 times now with the same instructions you linked. Pretty strange. I will try again tomorrow on a different PC.

Thanks for the suggestions (and to you too wizzman)

Don´t know if this helps but after ROM install i rebooted first to recovery once ( not straight to system )

wen u hit reboot a new menu shut show up them u can reboot recovery
I see it now and it works, thanks... This is the first time I've ever owned a Xiaomi and it's been a while since I flashed ROMs ;)
Appreciate the help.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
2) Put your phone into fastboot mode.
3) Do the following command : fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
5) Go to "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

As describe in this thread, so no more the use of Chinese tool to install TWRP.
thanks. Updated rom

Reactions: Mrboombastixx
Hi guys, can you help me get back to eu with twrp? the correct guide and the stable rom to install for Venus. Thanks so much
Mine is China 12/256 with unlocked bootloader and global stable installed

Brothers , after flashing 12.5.7 in my phone every time it boots up it enter TWRP (((
so, i can not boot up in OS, always in TWRP
Everything еоршы - after sucsessful flashing without errors of 12.5.7

And of course there is no firmware zip inside phone memory now.

What i need to do, guys?

INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download TWRP for Mi 11 , and put it in your fastboot folder.
2) Put your phone into fastboot mode.
3) Do the following command : fastboot boot twrp-recovery-venus. It will automatically boot into TWRP.
4) Change language to English (press the 6th option).
5) Go to "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP".
6) Swipe to inject the TWRP. It might take a few minutes, so don't worry.

As describe in this thread, so no more the use of Chinese tool to install TWRP.
Is it safe to install magisk after doing this? Because of my current understanding, you have to replace the boot.img on your A/B Partitions.

Is it safe to install magisk after doing this? Because of my current understanding, you have to replace the boot.img on your A/B Partitions.
I've flashed TWRP without "Onekey inject TWRP".
The Mi 11 boots fine.
After that I've boot in TWRP again and flashed Magisk without problems. I've root with passed safety net

Gesendet von meinem Mi 11 mit Tapatalk

I've flashed TWRP without "Onekey inject TWRP".
The Mi 11 boots fine.
After that I've boot in TWRP again and flashed Magisk without problems. I've root with passed safety net

How did you install magisk? I used to do it with the patched image method as they don't release zips anymore for newer builds

How did you install magisk? I used to do it with the patched image method as they don't release zips anymore for newer builds
Download the latest magisk.apk rename it to zip and flash it via TWRP

Venus twrp guide doesn't work!
Instructions to install XiaomiEU rom for Mi11/Pro/Ultra via TWRP
1. Download minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.3_setup and install. Note to install it straight into the C drive. At this time, there will be a Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C drive
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMeXu_DLkF1WlvRo__qy8ZNmm2WAmR3v/view?usp=drivesdk

Or shortened link: https://bit.ly/3oIeg1p

2. Download the TWRP file for Mi11/Pro/Ultra.
- TWRP for MI11 venus: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586336380
- TWRP for MI11Pro/Ultra mars/star: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586336381
3. Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img, copy the TWRP file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in drive C.
4. Download the Xiaomi.EU rom for your phone (find it yourself on the web). After downloading, copy the rom to the phone (should be in the root directory for easy finding later).
5. Put the phone into Fastboot mode (Power key + volume down key).
Run the file: "C:\Minimal ADB and Fastboot\cmd-here.exe"
Type the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
Wait for the installation, the phone will automatically run into TWRP
6. On TWRP, Change the language of TWRP to English, by clicking the right button on TWRP and select English.. then OK.
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
8. Install TWRP recovery to phone by: Select "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP". (wait for the device to install). Next time you want to enter TWRP, just press the power key + volume up (volume up).
9. Install the rom by on TWRP, select Install -> find the rom file mentioned in section 4.
10. After the installation is complete, wait for the device to restart (it takes about 5 minutes).
Update: TWRP currently does not support the "update-package" command. So after updating you still have to manually select the downloaded zip file to install. So having TWRP saves the need for a computer, but it's not available for OTA yet
(The device will not lose data if you are using XiaomiEU rom with the same version (stable -> stable, dev->dev))