Hard Bricked by Anti Roleback...

It worked :D After 10min flashing, the phone is back to life :p @ingbrzy
some pics https://mega.nz/#F!RI5xSKTD!J0jxgHcVSFhVjS3pxZRWXg
Sem Título.png

Reactions: ingbrzy
yeaaaaaaaah THANK YOU VERRY VERRY MUCH Nuno Rocha you saved my phone and my life!!!!!!!!! the rusian forum are on the top thanks too:p;);)

just a question ,could i flash coustum recovery and root as befor?

Reactions: Nuno Rocha
yeaaaaaaaah THANK YOU VERRY VERRY MUCH Nuno Rocha you saved my phone and my life!!!!!!!!! the rusian forum are on the top thanks too:p;);)

just a question ,could i flash coustum recovery and root as befor?
Of course you can install twrp and root. Anti roleback is only for older ROMs. Nothing to do with custom recovery and root. :) Shame English (or Indian...) Forum has no thread like the Russian forum has. That thread was a miracle.

Ok, now i now at 100% that xiaomi's costumer center are a ****** ones... They answerd me to my problem...

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for inquiry.​
This is Hongkong customer service centre. Really sorry to give you this bad feeling and inconvenience. We also feel confused of your problem. If you are consulting the problem of unlocking your bootloader , I am sorry to tell you that we don't have relevant technical support as we don't suggest you flash your ROM. Please kindly go to the forum and get some information, thanks.​
Thank you for your support and attention towards XiaoMi.​
Any other questions,please feel free to contact us:service.hk@xiaomi.com .​
Best Regards.​
—Wendy​
Customer Service Department"​

At least the phonr is working now :D

Yeah I have already seen that. They should disable anti roleback in devices with unlocked bootloader at least

Yeah I have already seen that. They should disable anti roleback in devices with unlocked bootloader at least

Did you manage to install MIUI 9 on your device after re-flashing FastBoot or did you have to go back to the MIUI 10 Beta you were using? I bricked mine as I was on 9.5.19 Global and attempted to put the 9.5.14 EU on.

Also, Google have said that any devices that have the Bootloaders unlocked should also have Anti-Roll back disabled as well. Not sure why Xiaomi didn't fix that bit.

hi i try flash it in edl mode also required id authorized

Everyone needs to be authorized before it will let you flash. So far Xiaomi isn't saying anything about authorizing anyone, so i'm not sure what is happening. It's a bit of a waiting game at the minute.

Hi all, all this is complicated, start with leaving a message to whom and where please?
it's a crazy situation no simple solution ..

today we make a request where?

thank you
my id is
Odanak

Hi all, all this is complicated, start with leaving a message to whom and where please?
it's a crazy situation no simple solution ..

today we make a request where?

thank you
my id is
Odanak

Have you done everything else, like removing the back and now are ready to flash in EDL mode?

If so, you will need to post your Mi ID here http://en.miui.com/thread-3254707-1-1.html

At the minute, the thread is temporarily closed while the admins process all of the recently added ID's. Keep checking, because in a few days it will reopen and then after posting your ID you have to keep checking the Mi Flash Tool to see if your ID has been processed.

Everyone needs to be authorized before it will let you flash. So far Xiaomi isn't saying anything about authorizing anyone, so i'm not sure what is happening. It's a bit of a waiting game at the minute.

Well, this device is definitely and permanently crossed off my potential buying list.

Queation is, does one dare buy any newer Xiaomi device considering how they have handled this.

andyscoobydoo,

Thank you si much for your answer, now I know.
My screen is black, connected to miui flash but my account is not connected, not authorized
Sorry for my english

Last edited:
Came back from work and decided to try again to flash the dead redmi note 5. In the login section this time appears that my PC is bounded to my account.
The flashing progressed bar es going up. Let's wait and see if it works.

I wa talking with the guy who opened the thread in the Russian forum about collecting the mi ids.
Maybe he managed to give the permission I don't know.
Let's wait and see.
Fingers crossed

hi, I have the same problem, how do I give my account authorization to use my flash? some advice you can give me, please and thank you,