Has anyone tried a 2600mAh extended battery?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by mymellowman, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mymellowman

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    I found someone selling a 2600mAh extended battery on Aliexpress and wanted to see if anyone has bought/used it.

It looks like the battery would fit in the current casing, so you wouldn't need the added size of the official 3100 mAh - As I'm enjoying the stock battery I figure this could be a good everyday battery w/ the 3100 mAh for trips.

I havent bought from this seller before, so I appreciate any feedback, thoughts, or comments anyone has. Thanks!

Link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xiao...-battery-2pcs-lot-freeshipping/734796723.html

2. hadron

hadronMembers

Sep 23, 2012
    Male
    Original Xiaomi extended battery is 3100ma be careful

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2

3. mymellowman

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    I realize this - That's why I wanted to see if anyone had used this successfully/safely. Thanks!

4. Melvyn Ong

Melvyn OngMembers

Nov 30, 2012
    Male
    Normally it depends.. but I wouldn't trust a non tested extended battery due to 2 reasons:
    1) Compatibility issues
    2) The mAh might not be true.. for example, just like portable chargers reporting a capacity of 13000mAh, but in actual fact, it is only around 6000mAh or 6500mAh. So, if 2600mAh.. you might actually be getting a 2000mAh battery haha

mymellowman likes this.
  5. bako.li

bako.liMembers

Dec 25, 2012
    Male

You are right, I wont buy non-official battery either. I had a look on the battery . looks like exactly the same as standard 2000mAh just with fancy stickers around. I wont trust ... Just to give example I had BB9900 with original battery 1250mAh. From ebay I got same size so called '' GOLD'' battery at 2600mAh ...??? It lasted less than original . If battery is to have a higher capacity it has to be thicker/bigger then original - basic physics(due higher number of cells needed to fit in hence the reason bigger size ) ... so if some claims having higher capacity battery than original in the same size - not possible !!!

Conclusion - If was you I wont bother...

Due to the fact that standard battery is so wide , the extended adds only 2mm thickness , not to bad in my opinion!

6. mymellowman

Jan 23, 2013
    Male
    Thank you all for the input - I wasnt too trusting either, but figured I'd bounce it off everyone over here.

None the less, I should have a 3100 coming out to me shortly - woo-hoo!

Share Our Site