Has the Mi3 64 GB been released already?

Got it today direct from Xiaomi :)
Nice phone
Can you please do me a favour? Dial *#*#64663#*#*, then select "1. Check version info" and then compare the serial number mentioned on the screen, with the one from the sticker of both the phone itself and its package?
For details about my request, take a look here.

Hi,
yes indeed, IMEI & Serial Number on the ctn & sticker point to a wcdma phone from/for china unicom.
The IMEI / Serial Number of the phone ( after dialing a m code ) is different.
I bought the phone direct from Xiaomi online and the cartons & label looked ok.
On monday I will ask my secretary to check what is going on.

Thanks for checking! Only the S/N on my phone differs. The IMEI on the display, it's box and the sticker on the back of my phone are same.

my s/n differs also, imei is correct, bought it on ibuyghou.
I'll contact the support team...

My best guess after thinking about it for a while, is this:
According to a guy from the Service Center in Shanghai all devices if branded or not are identical with the exception that the branded ones might have a logo on the desktop. So I assume that all devices first got the same stickers and packages with their IMEI and consecutive serial numbers. Then later on when every device got its software the ones for Unicom just got a new serial number, so that they could be recognized more easily. And as we are in China (from my experience of working with companies over here) either no-one told the sticker/packing team about it or those teams just did not care. Or it was exactly the other way round: New serial numbers were just printed on stickers and packaging without telling the software-team.

Last edited:
Hi,
we checked direct with Xiaomi and have been told that the valid IMEI / Serialnumber is the one on the sticker on phone / box.
The serial number showing when entering the *#*#.............. is the serial number of the mainboard.
OK, one can believe that.
When I check via phone status the IMEI shows as per box / sticker and the Serialnumber is different again.

tic ......

Reactions: JuanRoman