Has the xiaomi.eu website been geoblocked from the Phillipines?

Carmennn

Members
May 12, 2020
Hello, Filipino here. I'm currently using a VPN to access this website because it seems that all of my devices can't access xiaomi.eu, making it difficult to update my phone (I don't usually use the updater app).
What happened? Did my ISP block xiaomi.eu?

Last edited:
I'm going to have to bump this thread. Also using Globe ISP and I notice that I can no longer access this website when I'm on this network (and I used to be able to a few months back). I have no problems when using a different ISP/network. This is a problem as Globe is my primary ISP, and while I can work around it by using my mobile data (which is on a different network), as you can imagine, I'm not eager to use up data just for this one website. Can we have confirmation from the site admins that this is being looked into? So that at least we would know whether the issue is on the website's end or the ISP's end. Thanks!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello I also experience this problem. my temporary workaround is using a VPN. I'm using 1.1.1.1 VPN you can download it via the playstore. I think this can't be solve by admins here at xiaomi eu and is a problem maybe from firewall configuration of globe telecom.

I think it also can be caused by a poor support. A good digital marketing strategy would never let a thing like that happen. In my humble opinion, it should be optimized better. I don’t know what’s their problem and why they haven’t done it already, but the website is not working stable and its security is weak. Even I managed to have a better working website! In order to solve it, I would collaborate with a good search engine optimization marketing like real targeted website traffic agency to see what can be done in that case! I live by a philosophy that everything can be solved if you have a good team of professionals.

Last edited: