HELP! Black screen after updating to latest miui.

funkyou86

Members
Oct 10, 2018
Hey, can anyone give me a hand please? My phone's screen is completley black. It is working, it's ringing, but it's dead black. The fastboot logo also does not show up. What should I do? I tried to google it, but found nothing. Thanks for your help.

Thanks.
Looks like I'm screwed. I remember that I enabled USB debugging, but now, for some reason XiaomiTool can't access my phone (saying that I have to enable it) so I am unable to flash the device :((( Any other tips?
I did it with latest Miflash , but do not forget to UNCHECK clear and lock, it will lock ur bootloader

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

I did it with latest Miflash , but do not forget to UNCHECK clear and lock, it will lock ur bootloader

Sent from my MI 5X using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply!

For some reason I am unable to flash it with the file downloaded from the forum link you posted, Miflash says that could not find the flashing script. Would you mind sharing the image you flashed your device with? Thanks a lot for your time and help!

After googling the whole afternoon, I finally managed to flash my device with the provided links but the screen is still dead black :(

UPDATE!
I did it! It's working! Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Misko6000
[QUOTE = "funkyou86, post: 461197, member: 211027"] Depois de pesquisar toda a tarde, eu finalmente consegui mostrar meu dispositivo com os links fornecidos, mas a tela ainda estava preta :(

ATUALIZAR!
Eu fiz isso! Está funcionando! Muito obrigada pessoal! [/ QUOTE]

i just lost all my data and an afternoon by being forced to reflash the chinese dev with xiaomi flash

how i can make sure it doesnt happen again?

what was the reason of the black screen? now that i flash again new version, it won't happen again in the future?

I was just going to flash the newest version. I'm on 8.11.1, how can I update to 8.12.27 avoiding any problems? Can I get the black screen even if I make a clean install?

If u have problems check my post - https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/last-8-11-15.47670/post-461006
You need update Twrp 3.2.3 Tremble - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xggD0fntmpniyIrjPfizE4D6D2AdwJJX/view

This version is the only one who supports Oreo rom's.
And after that u can install the new one, i recommend a clean install, and yes u can get black screen.

This worked. I was able to update from 11.1 to 12.27 with no black screen. Thank you.
Screenshot_2019-01-04-16-26-36-200_com.android.settings.png

Reactions: LinkinParkBoy
So, it's impossible install MIUI 10 8.1 from MIUI 10 7.1 directly, although i have install TWRP 3.2.3., without black screen?