Help Downgrade To Miui 5

chinotto

Members
Oct 3, 2015
Hi people,

I am having some troubles trying to downgrade to miui 5 from miui 6. I need to specify that I am not really good at this, so please have mercy!

So, I have a Mi2s brought in China, everything was ok until the miui 6 came up. I don't like it at all and I would like to go back to the miui 5 that working great for me. I tried 2 times already but I've failed to reinstall the old version because it says that the rom version I am trying to install is corrupted and therefore I can't proceed. Here is the step by step list of what I have done:
- downloaded The JLB54.0 from the website and renamed update.zip;
- from recovery mode I wipe out cache and personal data;
- from recovery mode I install the update.zip file.

That's it. After is says that the file is corrupted and I have to reboot to system 1.

Am I missing something? Can someone to be so kind to help me and point me in the right direction? Please note that I don't have a computer and I am trying to do everything with my phone.

Thanks if you want to help out and old man!

Bye

Maybe you need to download the file again, if it says it's corrupted..
Thanks for your reply. I will try again, I was wondering if the procedure I am following is it correct or I need to download any app to root the phone or is there anything I am missing.

Thanks

If you still have problems try using an app called Miflash that installs the ROM from the pc but it erases all data. Roms for miflash are called fastboot roms and when you connect the phone to the pc it must be in fastboot mode. I dont remmember if it is power+volume up or power+volume down sry.

Hope this helps

If you still have problems try using an app called Miflash that installs the ROM from the pc but it erases all data. Roms for miflash are called fastboot roms and when you connect the phone to the pc it must be in fastboot mode. I dont remmember if it is power+volume up or power+volume down sry.

Hope this helps

Power + volume down for fastboot mode.

And before using MiFlash, I recommend you to install MiPCSuite, it'll configure all the needed drivers for your phone.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies, unfortunately I do not have a pc right now and I should try to fix it just using my phone. I tried to download again the full rom but when I try to install it it keep saying that it is corrupted, so I was wondering if I was downloading the wrong rom or what.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies, unfortunately I do not have a pc right now and I should try to fix it just using my phone. I tried to download again the full rom but when I try to install it it keep saying that it is corrupted, so I was wondering if I was downloading the wrong rom or what.
Where do you download from? Use a download manager, just in case if you're doing over the phone

http://en.miui.com/download-2.html# I download it from here. Sorry for the question, but why do I need a download manager? Can't I download it from my phone and put it in the SD card?
Yes, you can but Chinese servers are not always reliable, so the connection might stop and start again, but some bite might be wrong, download managers do help avoid this. And I meant it as a download manager for Android :)