Help For Unlocking Mi6 Miui Global 9.0.1.0

Jan 20, 2018
Hi every one !!

First, I've been granted the permission to unlock my device the 11th January.
I tried to bind my account but I have the famous 86006 error ...

I tried to unlock my device and I was stuck at 50%... I understood that I have to flash the mi6 on the ROM DEV... But I can't...

I tried to flash via the Updater app but I have this message :

Can't verify update
Couldn't verify. Looks like current Android version is different from that in the Recovery package. Try flashing your device in the fastboot mode.

I work on mac, I installed the sdk android to flash the rom with fastboot with command in terminal. When i tried to run the flash i have this message...

./fastboot update miui_MI6Global_8.1.11_d1e51552f1_8.0.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt
error: update package 'miui_MI6Global_8.1.11_d1e51552f1_8.0.zip' has no android-info.txt

I wanted to change the recovery but ... I need to unlock the bootloader ..

If Someone could help me !! :)

Thank you very much

Aug 2, 2017
Download this version and Three dots then select the update package and the file with the changed name update.zip
Link to the firmware will be sent to the privates because I can not paste it

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2016
I am able to update using that version (7.12.14). Initially it prompted a warning that I am reverting to a prior version and all data will be erased (which is fine cos the phone is new), and i clicked ok. So the device is rebooting now. Will post more info in a bit ...

Jan 22, 2016
Yeah, it worked. The error 86006 DID NOT come up anymore when I tried to bind my account, so binding is successful. However, I need to wait another 72 hours to attempt unlock from MiFlashUnlock.

Oct 28, 2014
Global 7.12.14

Hello, my Mi6 runs on MIUI 9.2.2.0 | Stable. I tried to instal Global 7.12.14 (update.zip), but I got this message in the updater app:
"You're allow to flash the newest develop version published by MIUI forum from stable version only".
But isn't that a fastboot rom? I cannot flash fastboot rom when the device is locked.
Do you know what I must do now?

Edit: so I downloaded and installed latest developper rom from official miui forum. Renamed it to "update.zip" and now my Mi6 is bound to my Mi account for unlocking. So I will be able to unlock it and flash TWRP (3.2.1-0) and install latest miui.eu dev rom.

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017
Hello, my Mi6 runs on MIUI 9.2.2.0 | Stable. I tried to instal Global 7.12.14 (update.zip), but I got this message in the updater app:
"You're allow to flash the newest develop version published by MIUI forum from stable version only".
But isn't that a fastboot rom? I cannot flash fastboot rom when the device is locked.
Do you know what I must do now?

Thanks,
Alex
Hello. you changed the package name to update.zip?

Oct 28, 2014
Hello. you changed the package name to update.zip?

Yes, but I edited some to my post. It worked with lastest official miui dev rom (zip).
Thanks though for replying so quickly, I appreciate that.
Have a nice weekend.
Alex

Sep 5, 2015
Hello. I have the same problem it seems. I got today MI6. It has global stable 9.2.3.0. I have downloaded latest global dev rom 8.3.29 and renamed it to "update.zip". When i try to install it i just get "You're allow to flash the newest develop version published by MIUI forum from stable version only".

I cant bind my account, keep geting 86006.

Apr 23, 2018
Hello. I have the same problem it seems. I got today MI6. It has global stable 9.2.3.0. I have downloaded latest global dev rom 8.3.29 and renamed it to "update.zip". When i try to install it i just get "You're allow to flash the newest develop version published by MIUI forum from stable version only".

I cant bind my account, keep geting 86006.
Let's try to use the fantastic software Xiaomi tool of Italian developer Francesco Tescari
You can find it here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5/how-to/tool-xiaomitool-xiaomi-rom-changing-easy-t3627081
I was in your same status and I finally fixed in this way

Inviato dal mio MI 6 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: